Questions about BISD

Status
Not open for further replies.

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
I saw this radio at Boerne High School the other day. It appears to be a Vertex Standard EVX-261. According to the radio specs it cannot do 700MHZ. That radio id is the same numbering as other BISD radios. I checked RRDB under Industrial Communications and do not find anything for Boerne ISD. If they are using it as a VHF/UHF why the radio id?? The closest site for Industrial is on Northwest Military just before Camp Bullis, Would that be close enough??

Any ideas??

Attachments

• IMG-5131.jpg
    IMG-5131.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 197

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I saw this radio at Boerne High School the other day. It appears to be a Vertex Standard EVX-261. According to the radio specs it cannot do 700MHZ. That radio id is the same numbering as other BISD radios. I checked RRDB under Industrial Communications and do not find anything for Boerne ISD. If they are using it as a VHF/UHF why the radio id?? The closest site for Industrial is on Northwest Military just before Camp Bullis, Would that be close enough??

Any ideas??

I’ve seen the same thing, they have a bunch of VHF vertex radios because the admin and teachers are all on VHF conventional. I assume they are just keeping the radio indentifiers standard to match the 700 radios. I’ve only ever heard Buses myself on 15001/2, but I’ve logged hits and registrations on 15003-15014. Thanks for the reminder to set Unitrunker and discovery up on the next football night.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Well, being that Vertex EVX-261 is DMR ready, I opened up the BISD scan list to all the licensed frequencies that were mostly silent last year, and viola, 464.0125 and 464.0875, the two licensed UHF repeaters, are buzzing with DMR. 464.0125 (CC 8/TG 8001/SL 1) and 464.0875 (CC 7/TG 7001/SL 1) were active this afternoon. I am leaning toward buses but I need more time to listen.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Are the High Schools still on VHF for campus ops?. Those two DMR freqs could be new for the campuses. If transportation moved off of the LCRA system they really cut their coverage area. Haven't been up there in a while.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I haven't heard any of the high schools or any elementary on VHF today or yesterday, but I have them locked out most of the time. I did verify that 464.0125 (CC8/TG 8001/SL1) is Boerne MS North and 464.0875 (CC7/TG 7001/SL1) is Boerne MS South this morning. There was also a bus vs telephone pole accident this morning (no injuries thank God) so LCRA P25 was alive on 15001 and 15002 with bus comms, so they are confirmed to still be on 700 MHz.

I am sure there are alternate TGs on each of the repeaters but it may take a while to pick up activity on them. I've opened up the whole scan list again to see if anything changed and left the 436 to record.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Everything is updated on the database page with what I have heard so far. Both high schools remained VHF but went DMR on their repeaters. Everybody else is on UHF DMR with the Junior Highs repeated. I am close enough to CCES to pick them up, but not the others. It would probably be safe to assume that they rent the radios district wide since they have the Industrial Comm sticker. If you or anyone else upgrades to DMR capable scanning, feel free to submit. I won't be travelling around trying to pick up school traffic, that is definitely a good way to end up on stay at home mommy social media groups and police radar. I enjoy my life as it is, haha.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Yeah sitting outside of any school with no business at the school is probably not the best way to get freq. info. If I'm in an area I'll just leave the close call on and have picked up most campus radios that way. Plus most are on repeaters nowadays so you don't have to be less than a mile away to find new stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.