fmp24 listing clear comms as enc group calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I am monitoring a p25 phase 2 system that's slowly coming online.I also dont have a great signal but I am able to make out audible conversations, I am doing so thru fmp24. The tg's are all phase 1 so far and in the clear.

I am seeing the vc window saying the calls are enc group calls. They are definitely not enc as I can hear exactly what they are saying. Op25, Unitrunker and SDR# with Dsdplus do not indicate the use of any enc. Just when done with fmp24.

Would "enc group calls" be listed due to its decoding a weak signal?

I am also using -e to mute enc. With that said, it does still play the clear comms that are being displayed as enc group calls.

D

DaveNF2G

Are you sure it's FMP24 providing this info and not DSD+?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
All I know is I launch fmp24, (trunking) (2 dongles) and DSDPlus (vc event log) is displaying enc on calls that are in the clear... So I may have used the wrong title but the end result is the same.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
All I know is I launch fmp24, (trunking) (2 dongles) and DSDPlus (vc event log) is displaying enc on calls that are in the clear... So I may have used the wrong title but the end result is the same.

It definitely could be due to bad copy, if you think that is a possibility.

And, if you are using DSDPLus 1.01 (the free stuff), that's pretty old now. I'm betting the Fast Lane stuff is much more refined and less likely to experience those kinds of issues.

Mike

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Unless one passed my inbox, I believe I am using the latest Fastlane release. DSDPlus 2.98 and fmp24 2.35

Going to try getting closer to the tower and see if it still does it. If so, I will get a sample and send it to the DSDPlus team.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Lol that's what I had originally. Then looked in gmail and saw 2.98, not thinking clearly that 98 comes before 113, No Coffee today :(.

Well, I can now say it does this in both 2.98 and 2.113

Going to try to get closer and see what it does.

LimaZulu

It does this to me as well on NXDN48 system. I remember that someone said that is a known issue

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
It does this to me as well on NXDN48 system. I remember that someone said that is a known issue

How strong of a signal are you getting on the nxdn system? Glad to see it's not just me. Would you know if anyone has send a recording to DSDPlus team?

Thanks

LimaZulu

How strong of a signal are you getting on the nxdn system? Glad to see it's not just me. Would you know if anyone has send a recording to DSDPlus team?

Thanks

Don't know if record was sent. About signal strenght...it's all the same with good or bad signal, but to me it only happens on certain conventional system. Trunked one is all good

racingfan360

I see maybe 5-10% of decodes of NXDN4800 and NXDN9600 calls reported as Enc (sometimes even with a KeyID) when they are 100% in the clear. These are all on Conventional systems, often with good signal strength. I don't get much Trunked traffic to listen into to compare with, to see if it's also there as well. The problem seemed to creep in several releases ago. I use latest DSD+ fastlane with a tapped scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.