MOH PTAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriorMike

Not sure if Kinburn site went into site-trunking mode, or which if any scanners show that. I recall TREPORT
(when I used it more) emitted a loud`chirp when it detected site-trunking.

Did not occur at the time but PTAC (149.605) repeater is still active, and all I've heard
recently is radio checks, so it might have been used; although it's located downtown Ottawa.

As for Fleetnet site density and overlap, as a non-user, does not seem great around Kinburn/
Dunrobin, or anywhere for that matter. Nearest sites would be downtown Ottawa (6) and near
Kemptville (37). Adding traffic to those, which were no doubt busier than usual, doesn't
sound good.

Dave

What is PTAC?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Cool, something else to add to my MOH group.

The Ptac channel is very quiet when I was monitoring it around 10 yrs ago. I eventually stopped monitoring it when all I heard was Morse code and the occasional microphone clicks. When the MOH used analogue conventional frequencies I would hear some activity.

Not sure if it's worth monitoring, I could leave my scanner on the frequency and record activity there is any.

150.1 is still pretty active. Ornge uses it and occasionally a mobile EMS crew will use it when they are in or approaching another CACC area.

DaveH

It used to be a heavily used frequency in Ottawa, but since Fleetnet it has pretty much been dormant.

I have it in my list also, however I never hear anything on it. Never.

As I was saying, radio checks can be heard occasionally, nothing else, but it is still active though
not listed in TAFL or in RR that I can find. PL is 118.8Hz. Frequencies were re-assigned to MNR
parks high-band P25 which is yet to be heard around here.

If you're much outside downtown Ottawa, might as well forget it.

Dave

Jammin_Jay

Why is PTAC still active on an assigned frequency to MNR?

Perhaps there was a hold on MNR switching over and PTAC repeater could still be active for use until further notice??

Or what does the license indicate? I am a little confused.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveH

As for any arrangement if any between MOH and MNR, and potential for interference, who knows...

PTAC is used so little, and the MNR sites are sufficiently far, potential problems would be minimal.

BTW MNR pairs appear to be inverted, repeater outputs on the lower frequencies 143.460, 149.170 and 149.185. Mobile TX is listed at 30W.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.