Uniden Bearcat BC355N Speaker Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a replacement internal speaker for this Bearcat BC355N. It's a 12ohm 2W. Very unique. Best I've found so far is an 8 ohm that I might could just throw a resistor inline with to make it work but would like the original or at least as close as possible. Anybody know where a newbie might find one of these?

K4EET

Chaplain
Dbl_naught_spy,

Just wanted to jump in and say... Welcome to Radio Reference!

Lots of knowledgeable folks here and somebody will probably know the answer for you.

Cheers! Dave

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Looking for a replacement internal speaker for this Bearcat BC355N. It's a 12ohm 2W. Very unique. Best I've found so far is an 8 ohm that I might could just throw a resistor inline with to make it work but would like the original or at least as close as possible. Anybody know where a newbie might find one of these?

You can get them from us at Uniden, part number BSPG0643001. Just give us a call at 1-800-297-1023. replacing it yourself may deny you repairs in the future and will void any warranties, but you can get it from us.

Last edited:

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
You can get them from us at Uniden, part number BSPG0643001. Just give us a call at 1-800-297-1023. replacing it yourself may deny you repairs in the future and will void any warranties, but you can get it from us.

Fantastic. It's a bit of an odd duck as speakers go. And not a very hard repair by any stretch. An exact replacement will make it easier. Much obliged for the part number. Will give a call tomorrow.

K4EET

Chaplain
Dbl_naught_spy,

Glad you are getting the speaker that you needed. When you replace it, you might want to take a few pictures and post them here to show everyone what was involved in replacing the speaker. That would be good for future reference if somebody else has the same scanner with the same problem.

Cheers! Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.