UnidenSupport User

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake68111

Nice to see this tag frequenting the board lately. We all know that Upman is one person with a full plate. I've long thought that him, having a side-kick, would probably help immensely even though both of their participation is voluntary.

FWIW, thanks for being around UnidenSupport!

K4EET

Chaplain
Yes, I agree. They have been really helpful in a few threads that I've been part of.

I do have two questions though and hopefully they will see this thread. Uniden is in Irving, Texas but in UnidenSupport's Forum Profile, they are located in Wisconsin. Their occupation is "Uniden Social Media Consultant Representative" and I'm just wondering, are they a subcontractor for Uniden or a Uniden employee like UPMan? If they are a Uniden employee, perhaps their Avatar should say "Uniden Representative" rather than "Member" like the majority of us. The reason I ask the question, are their responses to be taken as "Uniden speaking" or "just" as the rest of us "Members" speaking? Just curious and thinking out loud.

Cheers! Dave

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I agree. They have been really helpful in a few threads that I've been part of.

I do have two questions though and hopefully they will see this thread. Uniden is in Irving, Texas but in UnidenSupport's Forum Profile, they are located in Wisconsin. Their occupation is "Uniden Social Media Consultant Representative" and I'm just wondering, are they a subcontractor for Uniden or a Uniden employee like UPMan? If they are a Uniden employee, perhaps their Avatar should say "Uniden Representative" rather than "Member" like the majority of us. The reason I ask the question, are their responses to be taken as "Uniden speaking" or "just" as the rest of us "Members" speaking? Just curious and thinking out loud.

Cheers! Dave

I agree and have the same questions. In one thread, this user said they are official support but a bit of clarification based on your questions would be nice. The Wisconsin part just seems odd unless Uniden has support call centers around the country which seems to be the norm for many companies these days. If so, it's too bad they don't perform official repairs at this location to take load off of TX.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
They are part of our contract customer service group who operate out of cheese country. Doing a great job and their posts are official. They are strictly a call and support center...our repair operations are here in Texas.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
They are part of our contract customer service group who operate out of cheese country. Doing a great job and their posts are official. They are strictly a call and support center...our repair operations are here in Texas.

I've been to cheese country before! Nice place.

Thanks for this info Paul.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Thank you for the support everyone,
To give some specifics myself and my position, I work for the Uniden Technical and Customer Support Department. We are the people you speak to if you call or email Uniden for any help. Our team is relatively small, but dedicated and capable.

My name is Charles, I am the sole Social Media Representative within our group, I spend my time on here, retail sites, reddit, facebook and a number of other forums (I just started at this, so its growing as well) to help make sure people are making purchases that work for them, troubleshooting, and making sure they are aware of their warranties and repair options. I get to do a lot of research and learning, and there is a lot of great stuff happening on the end user side that I get to immerse myself in. It's not a bad gig!

I grew up around scanners, my father was a ham operator and I have always enjoyed tinkering with electronics. i'm happy to be here.

Blunt630

Please send 1 case Spotted Cow and giant bag of Mike's Country Meats Jamaican Jerk beef jerky when my SDS battery is going to be shipped please and thank you! :)

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Please send 1 case Spotted Cow and giant bag of Mike's Country Meats Jamaican Jerk beef jerky when my SDS battery is going to be shipped please and thank you! :)

We had every intention of doing this, but unfortunately, those are gone now. Nothing against the cow, but New Glarus has better stuff anway

Blunt630

We had every intention of doing this, but unfortunately, those are gone now. Nothing against the cow, but New Glarus has better stuff anway

Whooahh!!! I look forward to tasting the new stuff! Ill be heading up north to close my house this weekend.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Thank you for the support everyone,
To give some specifics myself and my position, I work for the Uniden Technical and Customer Support Department. We are the people you speak to if you call or email Uniden for any help. Our team is relatively small, but dedicated and capable.

My name is Charles, I am the sole Social Media Representative within our group, I spend my time on here, retail sites, reddit, facebook and a number of other forums (I just started at this, so its growing as well) to help make sure people are making purchases that work for them, troubleshooting, and making sure they are aware of their warranties and repair options. I get to do a lot of research and learning, and there is a lot of great stuff happening on the end user side that I get to immerse myself in. It's not a bad gig!

I grew up around scanners, my father was a ham operator and I have always enjoyed tinkering with electronics. i'm happy to be here.

Welcome, Charles! Your presence here is much appreciated. This place will definitely keep you hoppin! I like the way you interact and answer questions, very to-the-point and professional. Just hope the Kardashian Battery Krowd doesn't wear you out hah. Thanks for being the point man :)

Keep up the good work!

JD
kf4anc

K4EET

Chaplain
Attn: UPMan and UnidenSupport

Paul, thanks so much for answering my questions!

Charles, congrats on the new gig and welcome to Radio Reference!

Cheers and 73, Dave K4EET

Status
Not open for further replies.