White Fawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

Just received word that the new White Fawn (Buncombe Co.) Viper Site is on-line.

Please advise what the Site Number is

I believe it would fall under Zone 2

Just need site number and primary control channel

Thanks

David

AlphaFive

At 6:30 this morning, 10/18/18, both sites are functioning just fine. Would note that it's interesting how close they are. One is on the southside of the downtown area, the other, Meadows, is north and east of downtown. The more the merrier, life is good.

nated1992

At 6:30 this morning, 10/18/18, both sites are functioning just fine. Would note that it's interesting how close they are. One is on the southside of the downtown area, the other, Meadows, is north and east of downtown. The more the merrier, life is good.

Got to think about geography, it's not like placing a tower and it covers 360 degrees perfectly in the mountains, in alot of case you can be under the tower and miss it completely. Or the signal my be obstructed by another mountain, the closest tower isn't always the tower a radio identifies with

AlphaFive

No doubt about that. I never had any issues with the Meadows Site coming across the river into W. Asheville. The White Fawn site is just as strong, I count myself as lucky, take care.

AJIComm1

Is High Windy still Active. I havent heard anything off that tower in sometime

AlphaFive

High Windy

High Windy is functioning and working properly, it is a weird bird, on both my 536 and TRX 2 the NAC comes in as 1F4. But, the talk groups and voice modulation are all VIPER. Don't know about that one. The reception out in W. Asheville is a little rough to monitor High Windy consistently, somewhat hit and miss.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Meadows and White Fawn are close indeed, but that is the nature of providing coverage in the mountains. Before White Fawn I had trouble with going out of range in parts of the city and even on top of the hospital parking garage on the St. Joes side, and that was no different between a single band antenna tuned for 800 on my APX6000 and a multiband antenna on my APX8000. White Fawn has helped button up many dead spots in the area which for having a major hospital at the base of the tower and many departments & agencies responsible for regional response that utilize VIPER that is a very good thing. Even out in Weaverville & Reems Creek a few weeks ago I was roaming over to Hap Mtn some which is 4 times further away than Meadows was.

High Windy is indeed alive and well, please verify and let us know what frequencies you have in your scanner and maybe we can help you troubleshoot it.

The 1F4 you are seeing is the ACI which in other words is the NAC. The default ACI is the first 2 characters of the system ID and then 0-F in hexadecimal are added to the end. 1F0 is the default for all sites but to avoid potential co-channel interference the NAC can be changed to 1F1 or 1F2, etc up to 16 unique access codes. Same method can be used for other systems. The Asheville system ID of 89E uses 891 for an ACI & the Buncombe 700 system ID of 30E uses an ACI of 301 & 302.

AlphaFive

The 1F4 you are seeing is the ACI which in other words is the NAC. The default ACI is the first 2 characters of the system ID and then 0-F in hexadecimal are added to the end. 1F0 is the default for all sites but to avoid potential co-channel interference the NAC can be changed to 1F1 or 1F2, etc up to 16 unique access codes. Same method can be used for other systems. The Asheville system ID of 89E uses 891 for an ACI & the Buncombe 700 system ID of 30E uses an ACI of 301 & 302.

Thanks for that information, very helpful. It explains alot. I am not positive because I am not at my logs, but I think I have White Fawn listed 1F8.. It all makes sense now.

AJIComm1

Meadows and White Fawn are close indeed, but that is the nature of providing coverage in the mountains. Before White Fawn I had trouble with going out of range in parts of the city and even on top of the hospital parking garage on the St. Joes side, and that was no different between a single band antenna tuned for 800 on my APX6000 and a multiband antenna on my APX8000. White Fawn has helped button up many dead spots in the area which for having a major hospital at the base of the tower and many departments & agencies responsible for regional response that utilize VIPER that is a very good thing. Even out in Weaverville & Reems Creek a few weeks ago I was roaming over to Hap Mtn some which is 4 times further away than Meadows was.

High Windy is indeed alive and well, please verify and let us know what frequencies you have in your scanner and maybe we can help you troubleshoot it.

I have the frequencies for high windy that are in db

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.