NOPD finally encrypting the remaining radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Wonder what changed? When the entire River Region went encrypted a few years back, NOLA specifically said they were NOT going to encrypt. But NOPD has been adding E to radios a little at a time ever since. Now they are flipping the switch to go full time E.... New administration?

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
New head of communications and new mayor.

There was a significant change due to perceived bad image on shows like "The First 48" and "Nightwatch" that led to those productions being thrown out of the city. I wonder if this is just a continuation of that perception.

I just checked the database and found the patrol, District dispatch open. No encryption

But when was that data entered?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Is this still on track for February 1st? I'm coming into town for Mardi Gras, as I'm riding Orpheus, and I'm wondering if I should bring a radio or not.

Does anyone know if the Fire Department will be encrypted as well. How about NOPD's special events channels that the parades are run on?

INDY72

All NOPD will go E February 1 as it stands at this point Lindsay. All public safety law enforcement except LSP in that area of LA are gone.

INDY72

NOFD only is at this point encrypting only a couple of tgs. Same with NOEMS.

NOPD NOEMS will all be Encrypted NOFD First responder and Orleans-3 will be encrypted, NOFD working channels will not be due to Mutual Aid. As for Troop N they are not being encrypted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INDY72

NOEMS is going Full E. NOFD only is E on 3 TGs that I know of. Dispatch and all FGs are Clear. Unknown on MSY Fire/Rescue.

NOFD will be in the clear and MSY Fire will be in the clear because KFD has a mutual agreement with MSY with all Clear channels. EMS is full E NOPD is in the process of changing everything to E as we speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.