SDR + DSD+ UNItrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

altuser

I have installed the driver and have everytihng setup according to a youtube video. control channel shows 97-100. attached are some screenshots. i am reading until my eyes are bleeding. i never see DSD move.

can someone look over my screen shots and let me know?

Attachments

• four.jpg
    four.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 403
  • one.jpg
    one.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 396
  • three.jpg
    three.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 394
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 388

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Your screenshot is showing you have vb cable. If you are just launching DSDPlus.exe, can you post the dsdplus start up screen showing your computers inputs and outputs?

Dsdplus.exe will scan your system, display your devices, and start up using default settings, if executed via DSDPlus.exe.

Sounds like you might need a bat file to tell dsdplus what the input and output should be set to.

After you have Unitrunker up and running, start dsd and look for something like this, (every pc will vary)

Code:
audio input device #1 = 'Microphone (High Definition Aud'
audio input device #2 = 'CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual '

audio output device #1 = 'Speakers (High Definition Audio'
audio output device #2 = 'CABLE Input (VB-Audio Virtual C'
audio output device #3 = '5 - U28E590 (AMD High Definitio'

audio input device #2 = 'CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual '
audio output device #1 = 'Speakers (High Definition Audio'

It will list your inputs, then the outputs, and then the last 2 entries will tell you what it is using.

If you post your dsdplus start up like whats posted above, I am sure someone will chime in with a bat file for you to try.

cg

Premium Subscriber
The voice side of things doesn't know where to tune for the voice. You need to enter all the frequencies to the LCNs in UniTrunker. Go the the system page from the database:
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2810
Go into the Channel tab of that system in Unitrunker and enter in the correct frequencies.

chris

altuser

The voice side of things doesn't know where to tune for the voice. You need to enter all the frequencies to the LCNs in UniTrunker. Go the the system page from the database:
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2810
Go into the Channel tab of that system in Unitrunker and enter in the correct frequencies.

chris

ok, now i am seeing some movement inside of DSD+, however i closed and restarted the pc and now i had to reinput everything. is there a way to save this? Also still NO Sound. when its moving. sometime when the wave goes flat i hear static. I think I am getting close.

Edit i think i fixed the static on the flatline by turning up the squelch on the Scanner dongle. However still not hearing any activity and not seeing anything scrolling on the DSD Log.

also i have attached my screenshot after adding what you suggested.

Attachments

• six.jpg
    six.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Try setting the receiver scanner instance of unitrunker audio output to the VB cable. Also I can't remember if deemphasis needs to be checked or not. Try it unchecked if the first suggestion doesn't work.

jbeen

Feed Provider
One thing to look at - the Window value.
It should be as close to zero as possible.
I see on the Signal receiver it says 39.
Try adjusting the Warp value on the Info tab to get the Window value near zero on both receivers.
This will affect the quality of the decoded audio.

altuser

i dont see "warp value". I have actually loaded unitrunker on another computer. and now i seem once again to not be getting anything over to dsd. sigh.

cg

Premium Subscriber
You could try using FMP24 and DSDPlus and try to monitor one of the voice channels in conventional mode. That might indicate where the issue is.

chris

altuser

You could try using FMP24 and DSDPlus and try to monitor one of the voice channels in conventional mode. That might indicate where the issue is.

chris

I do appreciate you and everyone else taking the time to reply. I have got audio going. but sometime it sounds garbled and some sounds really well. any ideas on that? I have been told that maybe my "voice" dongle should be a little better? i might try a metal case dongle in the future.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I am starting to think that the problem could be that I bought 2 of the cheapest dongles I could find.

https://i.imgur.com/6TR3POT.png

I have got audio going. but sometime it sounds garbled and some sounds really well. any ideas on that? I have been told that maybe my "voice" dongle should be a little better? i might try a metal case dongle in the future.

Ok, those dongles usually have a ppm value meaning they are not dead on the freq. I have a bunch and they do work fine with unitrunker.

Have you determined the ppm for each dongle?

If no, you can run sdr# and determine the ppm.

If yes. did you enter the ppm in the correction box on the v

If you google setting ppm on a dongle, some guides will pop up. Here is a youtube video showing how its done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFXMbr1dgng

altuser

Ok, those dongles usually have a ppm value meaning they are not dead on the freq. I have a bunch and they do work fine with unitrunker.

Have you determined the ppm for each dongle?

If no, you can run sdr# and determine the ppm.

If yes. did you enter the ppm in the correction box on the v

If you google setting ppm on a dongle, some guides will pop up. Here is a youtube video showing how its done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFXMbr1dgng

Yes, I just verify with. I was pretty close. however some sounds great and some sounds robitic and then garbled.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker should show encryption in the Svc column so that is probably not the reason for garbled audio. You could note the channel you get the good vs bad audio to see if there is a pattern, I have that kind of problem locally where any voice on one of the 5 voice channels is crap.
If you have a decent signal that is relatively free of interference, you should hear decent digital audio. You should be confident that you are adjusting the voice dongle to the optimum settings before you decide the issue is equipment quality.

altuser

Unitrunker should show encryption in the Svc column so that is probably not the reason for garbled audio. You could note the channel you get the good vs bad audio to see if there is a pattern, I have that kind of problem locally where any voice on one of the 5 voice channels is crap.
If you have a decent signal that is relatively free of interference, you should hear decent digital audio. You should be confident that you are adjusting the voice dongle to the optimum settings before you decide the issue is equipment quality.

I have muted encryption in dsd. some some still come through?

rivardj

Premium Subscriber
On your Signal receiver un-check mute and select Unspecified for both the Analog and Digital Audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.