PRO96 with no DSP-App or DSP-Voc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
I picked up a Pro96 which looks to be in very good condition but when I loaded my information from another Pro96 it shows dg in the top right corner of the screen for all frequencies?
When checking the Firmware it shows
CPU:F1.4,
DSP-App:
DSP-Voc:
Anyone know how to obtain the DSP-App and Voc? I tried 0-clear enter on start up and it goes to Reverting to Factory DSP,Pleas wait, Power cycle and it just stays there.
Never saw this problem before. Help.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Never heard that before either. There IS a real small hole above right of the power connector on the left of the scanner's side. It is as small as a push-pin. I use a small screwdriver, pushing it slightly re"initializes" the scanner according to the manual. Give it a try. Maybe it will reset it as the thing you did only deals with the contents entered.
Pushing #3 on startup message should show
CPU: F 1.1
DSP-App: u1.4
DSP-Voc: F 1.0

Last edited by a moderator:

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Hi, thanks, I tried that first, Didi nothing

Do you have the cable to hook the Pro96 to your computer?

If so, you can follow the link that EricC posted and the upgrade file can be found in another wiki link here at RR.
It's a self extracting exe file with a PDF instruction how to get the update into your radio.

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
Have tried all of the updates, initializing, etc. when trying to upgrade I get a note can't read from scanner. Nothing works??

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Have tried all of the updates, initializing, etc. when trying to upgrade I get a note can't read from scanner. Nothing works??

That's surely a bummer. Being as it failed when you were not upgrading firmware kind of makes me think maybe an eeprom or flash chip has failed.
I know the 96 was designed with a bootloader that makes it near impossible to brick the radio after a failed firmware update attempt but you should still be able to talk to the radio.

Are you using Win 10 by chance? I've seen several comments about issues communicating with various scanners under Win 10. I suppose that is possible and is blocking the updater from talking to the radio.
I don't know how to fix that problem though.

Good luck and I hope you can get it running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.