Seaside Heights to County

Status
Not open for further replies.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
The article talks about technology upgrades the federal government requires. This could mean no more analog UHF frequency and moving to the digital p25 County trunk system. The only question is here... Encryption?... with the way things are going I would say.. probably.... Since the trend all over Jersey Shore Beach towns points that way...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

elias1988

Feed Provider
I don’t have any info other than the dispatch change,I would imagine they will stay on their current UHF frequencies until new radios are purchased (funding availability) and a decision is made. Seaside Park upgraded theirs to be able to communicate on the 500 MHz system and have stayed on their current frequency. I have no comment on encryption until I see how the new 700 MHz system is setup for LE communications.

Last edited:

elias1988

Feed Provider
No they’re County dispatchers,units have to get used to saying county instead of headquarters. Car numbers are no longer being used over the radio when communicating to county dispatch and have been replaced with officer 4 digit computer operator numbers assigned to them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.