Hamilton County VHF Digital Transition

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Hamilton County is slowly but surely phasing out all their analog radios and repeaters with the new Kenwood digital line of radios. The deputies are being issued the NX-5200 portables and are already programmed with digital channels as well as the analog channels they have always used. Like I said this is a slow but sure transition to digital. They are still dispatching on analog but it’s been confirmed that they will be dispatching on digital in the future. The frequencies will stay the same for the most part, VHF. I have not seen any new emission designators, however that’s never stopped a agency from trying. As soon as I learn more I will update.

Please tell me they are programming analog interop channels so they arnt stuck on an island...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Please tell me they are programming analog interop channels so they arnt stuck on an island...

All of the analog frequencies they’ve always used are still in the new radios and they’re still using them. They just added a digital tac channel and changed the SO tac repeater “CH 5 as they call it” to digital now. I’m unsure what digital mode their using, however I believe it’s probably NXDN. I don’t see Hamilton County spending the extra money to buy the certificates to use P25 or DMR.

All of the analog frequencies they’ve always used are still in the new radios and they’re still using them. They just added a digital tac channel and changed the SO tac repeater “CH 5 as they call it” to digital now. I’m unsure what digital mode their using, however I believe it’s probably NXDN. I don’t see Hamilton County spending the extra money to buy the certificates to use P25 or DMR.

Good info. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.