Newport News

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone else having problems picking up the Newport News P25P2 system? My 436 is very sporadic to the point of nearly being deaf in picking them up. My Unication G5 has been giving me an 'out of range' notice for the past two days.

Those familiar with the Unication, I have tried several changes to the programming including setting the WACN, SYSID, RFSS, and Site to wildcards. Nothing has helped.

For both radios, I have entered all the known control channels. As best I can make out today with a 'search' on my 436, the CC in use today is 858.2625 with a NAC of 6E1 (RR says 6EB).

My IC-R30 shows only two bars of reception on the 858.2625.

I also tried to find the CC using my 396XT in CC mode for the search. I got nothing.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
I have noticed my 436 and WS1088 doing the same thing in two specific spots, at times over in Churchland and then at certain spots around the shipyard

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Well, I am not sure what happened, but my G5 is working fine today. I have four to five bars signal strength on it and the system information is displaying correctly (CC, WACN, SYSID, RFSS, and SiteID).

My 396 is also showing stronger reception and also the CC information is displaying, something that was missing yesterday.

LeSueurC, thanks for the response, but I can see minor spots where there could be poor reception. My G5 can normally pickup Newport News the other side of Williamsburg (near the outlet mall).

Eugene

I have a 436 and have never been able to pick them up much past the JRB.....however in the NN shipyard I can hear them in the clinic with just a paperclip stuck in there. Can't say I was listening the last couple of days but, at least on the NN side of the water, I have had no problems.

Eugene KG4AVE

Status
Not open for further replies.