Anyone else have issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb6sub

Premium Subscriber
I have just sent in my SDS100 because after the update of firmware I just hear a kerchunk rythihmic noise on conventional. Also On my Home Patrol-2 with extreme upgrade it was working fine on trunking and last trip to San Diego trying to listen to San Diego County trunk system it no longer worked along with my 436 and 536. I tried using my Home Patrol 2, SDS 100, BCD436 & BCD536 to listen and it no longer works. I have sent all in to Uniden for repair because I am sick of dealing with it. I still really like Uniden and it is my favorite and this is not a bash Uniden blog I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing the same issue?

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
So you are saying the San Diego trunked system no longer works on your SDS100, HP2, 436HP, and 536HP scanners and you sent them all to Uniden repair? If the system doesn't work on all 4 scanners, it may be a programming issue rather than a scanner issue.

Tramagod

So you are saying the San Diego trunked system no longer works on your SDS100, HP2, 436HP, and 536HP scanners and you sent them all to Uniden repair? If the system doesn't work on all 4 scanners, it may be a programming issue rather than a scanner issue.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K4EET

Chaplain
wb6sub,

Please either tell us how you have San Diego programmed or post your programming file(s) here in this thread so we can take a look at them. It would be extremely rare to have all four scanners fail at the same time for San Diego. Before you sent them back to Uniden, did you have any other system(s) programmed that was/were working correctly?

Thanks! Dave K4EET

divison200

SDS 100 Receiving Issues

I just send my radio back to Uniden. The radio was not receiving any radio traffic. The radio is programmed correctly, tried different antennas, no reception. I have a 436Hp and 536Hp both receiving with no problems.

wb6sub

Premium Subscriber
My 996T stopped working so I thought it was a cold solder joint where it didn't receive any longer or static electricity smoked it. That scanner sat in the garage for a year, then my 536 stopped working must like the 996t shortly thereafter. My trip before to San Diego I noticed I didn't hear the San Diego county system, MCB Camp Pendleton, San Diego City and it never stopped even on conventional any longer, os I put that in the growing pile. The next trip I took my 436 and sds100 and tried them. My 436 did the same and my SDS100 stopped on what I was thinking a "birdie" and I heard a rhythmic kerchunk. Now I bring in my Home Patrol 2 and it would scan and never stop on anything. Now being completely deaf and drying my tears I send them all into Uniden for some TLC. We will see? I know it isn't programming since they worked before months prior now none worked. Maybe got nailed by an EMP Hi Hi.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
My 996T stopped working so I thought it was a cold solder joint where it didn't receive any longer or static electricity smoked it. That scanner sat in the garage for a year, then my 536 stopped working must like the 996t shortly thereafter. My trip before to San Diego I noticed I didn't hear the San Diego county system, MCB Camp Pendleton, San Diego City and it never stopped even on conventional any longer, os I put that in the growing pile. The next trip I took my 436 and sds100 and tried them. My 436 did the same and my SDS100 stopped on what I was thinking a "birdie" and I heard a rhythmic kerchunk. Now I bring in my Home Patrol 2 and it would scan and never stop on anything. Now being completely deaf and drying my tears I send them all into Uniden for some TLC. We will see? I know it isn't programming since they worked before months prior now none worked. Maybe got nailed by an EMP Hi Hi.
Any chance one or more of them was close to a transmitter being keyed up? Even if they were off, a strong field could damage he scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.