Spotsylvania County fire new station alerting

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup 6048 is live now with digital station alerting.* The last call I just heard was a live call for EMS that also went out on channel 1 via the dispatchers own voice.* I have not confirmed if this is being simulcast over the vhf channel or if the older two tone equipment is still in play for pagers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Simulcast is still active on 156.195 this is a simulcast of tg6001

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Shocked

Ken,
I was shocked when I heard the new digital dispatch!! So un-Spotsylvania...
The VHF normally sounds so horrendous but I guess there is a plan.

fredva

Feed Provider
I'm wondering why the automated dispatch keeps repeating every few seconds for several minutes. Other systems I've heard with automated dispatch don't do that. Once or twice and they're done. I had to remove 6048 shortly after I added it because the repeats were keeping me from hearing units arrive on scene and give a size-up on another talkgroup.

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Mike, maybe they are still sitting it up. I did notice that it was getting clearer for me as I monitored. I really liked the Henrico (i think) setup, clear and smooth..

fredva

Feed Provider
Are the online feeds covering that talkgroup?

Mine isn't currently including that talkgroup because of the repetition issue I mentioned earlier. If I learn that the automated dispatches are only transmitted only once or twice per call, then I will try including that talkgroup on the feed again. I don't want the scanner to keep stopping on that talkgroup and miss up-to-date info on another talkgroup.

Last edited:

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Since it is integrated with cad it seems to repeat calls when units are added or incident is upgraded. It also repeats the original incident call twice.

fredva

Feed Provider
Since it is integrated with cad it seems to repeat calls when units are added or incident is upgraded. It also repeats the original incident call twice.

I'll give it another shot. The original dispatch that I heard was for a major MVA, and I'm pretty sure I kept hearing the same units named in the automated dispatch every few seconds. It kept going at least until the first units arrived on the scene.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I just started using the unit id tagging on the 436hp. If anyone wants to compare notes I've been compiling a list

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'll give it another shot. The original dispatch that I heard was for a major MVA, and I'm pretty sure I kept hearing the same units named in the automated dispatch every few seconds. It kept going at least until the first units arrived on the scene.

It appears that their tweaking is helping out. I am noticing that the digital dispatch is only used on the newer more used stations such as 4. The less used stations still use the tone dispatches only as of yesterday. IF they stay on dispatch and don't go to a secondary channel immediately the dispatch does repeat which doesn't make sense... I think that will be fixed though.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
It appears like they are done testing and installing. They have gone live on channel 1 with the automatic dispatch. Sounds better than most dispatchers. 156.195 appears to have been abandoned.

Last edited:

fredva

Feed Provider
Channel 2 is now a response channel tg6002

More info in this thread: https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/spotsylvania-fd-ems.382100/ We're trying to learn the talkgroup ids of the Incident and Command channels as they are called in the new lineup.

I was hearing the automated dispatch simulcast from 6001 on 156.195 yesterday afternoon. If they abandoned the VHF frequency, it has been a very recent change. I wouldn't be too surprised if they did away with it, if they are no longer broadcasting tones for analog pagers.

Status
Not open for further replies.