Coded message from Rickenbacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky43113

I am in Ohio and this is the 1st time i have heard a coded message from Rickenbacker ACC Primary call sign was cable car any ideas on what could be going on or just an exercise it was a 36 character message

mancow

Database Admin
It's normal and probably coming from an E4 or E6 aircraft. It's a simulcast of what goes out on 11175.

gtaman

Occasionally late at night they do AWACS training over Kentucky. I have caught a few transmissions. I have a crap ton of frequencies they use that are not in the database. Most of it is UHF air. There is a few lowband frequencies around 50Mhz.

Hooligan

The Emergency Action Message you heard may have been from the 121st ARW Command Post at Rickenbacker ANGB, or it may have been from an aircraft, likely an airborne command post. Sometimes you can kinda tell by characteristics of the transmission. The 121st ARW has KC-135s, which do have a wartime mission, which means their CP has an emergency actions controller who can receive EAMs & Force Direction Messages & retransmit them as-necessary, ID'ing with a tactical callword or basic ID like "Rickenbacker" or "Command Post." At other bases that have combat-coded aircraft on some semblance of alert, that's done routinely, but at others, it's just occasional or during some sort of exercise.

Airborne command posts, as part of their mission and frequent training, generate & broadcast or re-broadcast EAMs & FDMs frequently over the spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.