Perseus SDR, worth buying now in 2018 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hth999

Hello all: Looking for opinions. I see WIMO has the Perseus SDR in stock. I have wanted one for a few years, but it is not available in the USA anymore. It was also over 1000.00 dollars bought in the USA. On WIMO, it's a little over 800.00 US dollars ( converting EURO to dollars ) delivered. ( NO VAT )
Anyone have any experience with this SDR ? I have several other SDR's but have always wanted to try the Perseus. I have read reviews and seen YouTube videos.
Is it worth it in 2018 ? I think this is 2012 or 2014 technology. I don't think the Perseus has been upgraded for years, but many swear by it.....saying it's one of the best SDR's available.

Anyone have any positive or negative comments.....they would be welcome.

Thanks, HTH

prcguy

I don't have personal experience with it but have heard its a fairly high performance receiver, one of the best when it first came out. It still ranks around 15th in pecking order on Rob Sherwood's receiver test site and he last tested one on 7-2-2009, so its a bit older than you think.

Hello all: Looking for opinions. I see WIMO has the Perseus SDR in stock. I have wanted one for a few years, but it is not available in the USA anymore. It was also over 1000.00 dollars bought in the USA. On WIMO, it's a little over 800.00 US dollars ( converting EURO to dollars ) delivered. ( NO VAT )
Anyone have any experience with this SDR ? I have several other SDR's but have always wanted to try the Perseus. I have read reviews and seen YouTube videos.
Is it worth it in 2018 ? I think this is 2012 or 2014 technology. I don't think the Perseus has been upgraded for years, but many swear by it.....saying it's one of the best SDR's available.

Anyone have any positive or negative comments.....they would be welcome.

Thanks, HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.