Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkenny53

I have a SDS100, 436 and 536 scanners. How can I keep separate profiles?
Each one has a purpose and difference freq's, so favorites may not match,
When I open for a new profile it seems to open from the same spot, but I need to keep the favorites separate.

SChuck

You set up a profile for each radio make sure to set "target Model" in tools for each. Favorites list are the same for all profiles. Just set lists to monitor in each profile. Don't load your x36 profile into your SDS100 it makes a mess!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
i wish i had known this, i think i have already loaded my sds with my 436 profile.
It's not going to hurt the SDS100. I've done that occasionally, loaded the SDS100 using the x36HP profile, or one of my 436HPs or 536HP while Sentinel is set for the SDS100 profile.

The SDS100 has more customizable display options, and the the ability to utilize NAC codes on trunked systems. Those settings would be 'missing' if the x36HP profile is used. If I load one of the 436HPs with the SDS100 profile, Sentinel would simply download information that the 436 (or536) would ignore.

I have a different mix of Favorites lists set to load and/or monitor with the SDS100 versus the x36HP scanners. The only consequence of mixing them up is that I would not load the lists and configuration I intended for a specific model.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The only strange thing you'd see is on the opening message. If you cloned a SDS100 with a 436 Profile the opening message would try to tell you that your SDS 100 scanner is a 436. No harm, just interesting.

The thing to do is a "Save As" and give the 436 Profile a name like SDS_100xxx. Then open each profile and set the applicable things per scanner model.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The only strange thing you'd see is on the opening message. If you cloned a SDS100 with a 436 Profile the opening message would try to tell you that your SDS 100 scanner is a 436. No harm, just interesting.

The thing to do is a "Save As" and give the 436 Profile a name like SDS_100xxx. Then open each profile and set the applicable things per scanner model.
When creating separate profiles, be sure that you set the target model to match the profile you are saving. The target model setting us under the Tools drop down menu.

CorwinScansNM

A found & noticeable bug with Sentinel that needs attention

I have seen a New Mexico Special Communications NXDN NEXEDGE 9600 trunked system posted on the RR Database since September of this year 2018. However, I own a Uniden BCD536HP & use the included Sentinel Software for downloading & uploading frequencies & trunked systems to it for easy import convenience.

Problem known & seen that has not being fixed by Uniden if they are even aware of it yet? I see a NXDN Trunked System showing up on Radio Reference for New Mexico. However, when I go to look for this specific NXDN Trunked System in Sentinel, it is truly not showing up or listed for download in Sentinel. I always make sure that I download the latest RR Database into Sentinel every week from inside Sentinel hoping & waiting for this one New Mexico NXDN Trunked System to finally come through into Sentinel from Radio Reference for easy & exact trunked system data & information to monitor it on my scanner.
This is a problem that Uniden needs to fix & address to make & allow it to be downloaded through into Sentinel from the Radio Reference Database which it never has for some strange reason...

I have attached 2 print screen images for convenience to show & prove exactly what New Mexico NXDN Trunked System is missing & not showing up in Sentinel.

Attachments

• I am not seeing available for import in Sentinel.png
    I am not seeing available for import in Sentinel.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 385
  • I am not seeing available for import in Sentinel.jpg
    I am not seeing available for import in Sentinel.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 384

phask

Premium Subscriber
There are no talkgroups submitted for that system.

Sentinel will never have a system with no TG's.

- the reason is if loaded with the Full Database one would hear nothing -

jasonhouk

I have seen a New Mexico Special Communications NXDN NEXEDGE 9600 trunked system posted on the RR Database since September of this year 2018. However, I own a Uniden BCD536HP & use the included Sentinel Software for downloading & uploading frequencies & trunked systems to it for easy import convenience.

Problem known & seen that has not being fixed by Uniden if they are even aware of it yet? I see a NXDN Trunked System showing up on Radio Reference for New Mexico. However, when I go to look for this specific NXDN Trunked System in Sentinel, it is truly not showing up or listed for download in Sentinel. I always make sure that I download the latest RR Database into Sentinel every week from inside Sentinel hoping & waiting for this one New Mexico NXDN Trunked System to finally come through into Sentinel from Radio Reference for easy & exact trunked system data & information to monitor it on my scanner.
This is a problem that Uniden needs to fix & address to make & allow it to be downloaded through into Sentinel from the Radio Reference Database which it never has for some strange reason...

I have attached 2 print screen images for convenience to show & prove exactly what New Mexico NXDN Trunked System is missing & not showing up in Sentinel.

I've attached a HPE file zipped for you to import into Sentinel. It has IDSearch enabled and will get you started searching for new TGID's to submit. As long as the LCN order has correctly been submitted for the sites.

Houk

Attachments

• Specialty Communications.zip
    732 bytes · Views: 19

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative

as said before, it is not in the database because there is nothing to listen to. It's possible the system is still being setup, or radio reference has not received the information on it. Your best bet is to try a TGID search, and if you find anything, give the information to radioreference so others may listen to it.

CorwinScansNM

I've attached a HPE file zipped for you to import into Sentinel. It has IDSearch enabled and will get you started searching for new TGID's to submit. As long as the LCN order has correctly been submitted for the sites.

Houk

Far out jasonhouk for that organized hpe import file that you created!! I imported it into Sentinel & am already hearing & picking up some talking as well as displayed Talk group ID's showing up at the bottom of the scanner which tells me that you created the trunked system very well correctly. I appreciate your help in creating a custom import for this NXDN Trunked System that is not yet added to Sentinel as for the reasons explained by other RR Community Members which is now clear to me & understandable. I shall see what I hear & pick up.

CorwinScansNM

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Far out jasonhouk for that organized hpe import file that you created!! I imported it into Sentinel & am already hearing & picking up some talking as well as displayed Talk group ID's showing up at the bottom of the scanner which tells me that you created the trunked system very well correctly. I appreciate your help in creating a custom import for this NXDN Trunked System that is not yet added to Sentinel as for the reasons explained by other RR Community Members which is now clear to me & understandable. I shall see what I hear & pick up.

CorwinScansNM

Please make sure to submit any verified talkgroups you come across....that way it will end up being updated in the RR database which will cover Sentinel as well.
Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Ubbe

Immediatly submit just one of the talk groups you can hear now as "unknown". Then the system will be possible for others to monitor when Uniden and Whistler databases are updated each week and they can help identify talk groups by idsearch and wildcard monitoring.

Every system in the RR database that do not appear in scanner databases should have one dummy TG added to them to make them accesable to scanner users that can help analyzing a systems. Not everyone have the capability to manually enter a new system or even knows that it exists.

/Ubbe

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Immediatly submit just one of the talk groups you can hear now as "unknown".

From the Database admin handbook Section 6.1:

YbcnWR0.jpg

So if you are going to submit a talkgroup at least make sure it is an accurate talkgroup with a generic name (ie: "private Security"). But Do NOT submit a bogus talkgroup.

Every system in the RR database that do not appear in scanner databases should have one dummy TG added to them to make them accesable to scanner users that can help analyzing a systems.

RR Database policies prevent adding "dummy" talkgroups to database listings.

Not everyone have the capability to manually enter a new system or even knows that it exists.

Then it is up to us more experienced radio enthusiasts to help make the database entries as accurate as possible for the more inexperienced users.

Marshall KE4ZNR

Ubbe

Then it is up to us more experienced radio enthusiasts to help make the database entries as accurate as possible for the more inexperienced users.

But there are not enough of you to cover the whole country, so something have to be changed in the ruling to let "normal" people find a system in a scanner database and scan it using wildard TGs. Only a very small part of scanner users are logged in to RR and read all forum posts.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.