• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 Voice Buffer Issue since new Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCollins524

I am having an issue with the latest firmware for the G5s. I manage a fleet of about 35 pagers for a volunteer fire department. Our county dispatches us using pagegroups over a P25 system. They always double page every call so we receive double activations on our pagers. Due to the nature of using pagegroups, we have voice buffering enabled otherwise the 1st 3 seconds or so of the dispatch is cut off. Prior to the latest firmware, this resulted in the tail end of the 1st page out being cut off when the 2nd page out was initiated.

The latest firmware indicated a fix for this issue so I excitedly started upgrading my fleet, then the problem was found. So now, instead of the tail end of the 1st page being cut off, the 2nd page doesn't really activate. You can hear a very brief chirp of an activation tone, then it goes right in. This has already resulted in some of our firefighters sleeping through calls because of the lack of a 2nd activation.

I checked the forums and didn't see anyone reporting this problem. I am hoping one of you on here, who is smarter than me, can lead me to a solution to this problem. If needed, I can provide codeplugs and recordings of activations. Best case is a Unication engineer sees this and they can implement a fix in the next firmware release.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I am having an issue with the latest firmware for the G5s. I manage a fleet of about 35 pagers for a volunteer fire department. Our county dispatches us using pagegroups over a P25 system. They always double page every call so we receive double activations on our pagers. Due to the nature of using pagegroups, we have voice buffering enabled otherwise the 1st 3 seconds or so of the dispatch is cut off. Prior to the latest firmware, this resulted in the tail end of the 1st page out being cut off when the 2nd page out was initiated.

The latest firmware indicated a fix for this issue so I excitedly started upgrading my fleet, then the problem was found. So now, instead of the tail end of the 1st page being cut off, the 2nd page doesn't really activate. You can hear a very brief chirp of an activation tone, then it goes right in. This has already resulted in some of our firefighters sleeping through calls because of the lack of a 2nd activation.

I checked the forums and didn't see anyone reporting this problem. I am hoping one of you on here, who is smarter than me, can lead me to a solution to this problem. If needed, I can provide codeplugs and recordings of activations. Best case is a Unication engineer sees this and they can implement a fix in the next firmware release.
I have been dealing with a similar problem, on some G4 models. I have not upgraded the rest of our pool, due to those issues.

Sent using Tapatalk

DCollins524

I stopped as well but I really would like to find a solution as the newer vocoder in the latest firmware seems to have significantly improved our dispatch audio quality. Disabling the voice buffer would fix it, but then we would lose potentially vital information at the beginning of the page outs. I am really hoping someone can give us a work-around or a permanent fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.