Provoice Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCount123

Hi to all the fellow RadioRefernce.com members. I know it will be a long-shot but I seem to have an issue with the Provoice Upgrade with the Uniden UBCD436PT. The issue is quite simple. The upgrade is done over the internet. The purchaser receives an email with an activation key. Simple one would think. Not so. 24 hours still waiting. Seems there is only 1 person in the whole of Australia who can deal with this issue Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

Ubbe

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I think the OP stated that they haven't received the upgrade key via email in 24 hours, usually it shows up immediately after purchase. If you registered the radio with my.uniden.com (which seems to be down today), log in to your account and click the link (I think it says my radios or my scanners) the key should appear beneath the radio's entry (same place where you clicked "Purchase Provoice Key") Perhaps the website being down has something to do with it?

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
I don’t think it will be listed on my.uniden.com pages. That’s only for Uniden America scanners models. It’s not for UBCD436PT.

It should be on Uniden.com.au website or email.

Upgrade keys will be sent to you via email. Please be sure you provide a proper email address. Be sure to check your spam or junk mailboxes as sometimes these replies are falsely flagged as spam.
https://www.uniden.com.au/product/scanner-upgrade/

I think the OP stated that they haven't received the upgrade key via email in 24 hours, usually it shows up immediately after purchase. If you registered the radio with my.uniden.com (which seems to be down today), log in to your account and click the link (I think it says my radios or my scanners) the key should appear beneath the radio's entry (same place where you clicked "Purchase Provoice Key") Perhaps the website being down has something to do with it?

Last edited:

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Hi to all the fellow RadioRefernce.com members. I know it will be a long-shot but I seem to have an issue with the Provoice Upgrade with the Uniden UBCD436PT. The issue is quite simple. The upgrade is done over the internet. The purchaser receives an email with an activation key. Simple one would think. Not so. 24 hours still waiting. Seems there is only 1 person in the whole of Australia who can deal with this issue Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

I cant speak for Uniden Australia, but on my.uniden.com you can look up the key by checking your registered products at any time after it is purchased. Unfortunately, my.uniden.com is being worked on at the moment.

Ubbe

OK, it's the email with the code that yet have to arrived. They don't say how long you have to wait and as it is Uniden US who pays the license fees the australian guy has to somehow register the serial with Uniden US and get the code from the automatic script. As the US site are down it probably are impossible to retrive a code at this time.

/Ubbe

TheCount123

You did the firmware upgrade? Ozscan - Uniden Scanner Instructions: New Sentinel Software update - DMR NXDN and Pro-voice.

Explain in more detail what the problem is? The key can be entered but the scanner doesn't accept it? It is often a problem with when to hit enter after entering the digits. What does it say in the menu/settings/upgrade/ProVoice ? Already installed but you still cannot decode ProVoice?

/Ubbe

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate your efforts. My issue is as follows. I have not received a reply email from Uniden Australia with the activation key. Contacted Uniden and according to their rather not interested phone consultant " there is only 1 person in their Australian office who can deal with this and he is not at work today". So no email, zero interest and spent most of the day being bounced from 1 overseas call centre operator to another call centre operator. I strongly suggest any person from Australia thinking about upgrade should tread carefully.

TheCount123

I don’t think it will be listed on my.uniden.com pages. That’s only for Uniden America scanners models. It’s not for UBCD436PT.

It should be on Uniden.com.au website or email.

https://www.uniden.com.au/product/scanner-upgrade/

Thank you for that. Been there done all that. My may issue is Uniden Australia would not give me a honest, straight answer . I have learnt more about what is most likely the issue here in 5 minutes than I learnt doing the "progressive barn dance' with the disinterested Australian office staff for 1 day. Really poor customer service and I will attempt to warn as many potential customer as I can. Once again thank you I appreciate your efforts.

TheCount123

Make sure your scanner has the latest firmware, and you have the newest Sentinel software version.

The key is entered into the scanner by hand.

Thank you for your reply. Have the latest firmware etc. The problem is the fact Uniden Australia staff seem to like to dance around the issue and cannot give a straight honest answer as to why the problem has occurred. But thanks to all the comments I have a rather somewhat clearer picture developing. Once again thank you.

TheCount123

I cant speak for Uniden Australia, but on my.uniden.com you can look up the key by checking your registered products at any time after it is purchased. Unfortunately, my.uniden.com is being worked on at the moment.

Awesome thank you for that. Appreciate finally getting an honest straight answer from someone associated with Uniden. Albeit in another country. That was all I wanted. Once again appreciate your input.

TheCount123

Thank you. I really appreciate you input and effort, and to be honest, you showed genuine interest in my issue. I will follow your instructions etc. Once again thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.