Audio feed back from PC to station speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibersop

Hello! I am trying to set up a new feed for my Fire Department. I have everything ready to go. However when I plug the stereo jack into the mic port on my pc two things happen. Either I get a horrible high pitched whistle, or the audio is distorted in the station speakers. I am tapping into the "in-house" speaker system. The system is a full PA system for the Phone and Radio. I tried to tap into a speaker in the room and also to the back of the radio itself. Can someone help me with suggestions?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello! I am trying to set up a new feed for my Fire Department. I have everything ready to go. However when I plug the stereo jack into the mic port on my pc two things happen. Either I get a horrible high pitched whistle, or the audio is distorted in the station speakers. I am tapping into the "in-house" speaker system. The system is a full PA system for the Phone and Radio. I tried to tap into a speaker in the room and also to the back of the radio itself. Can someone help me with suggestions?

It sounds like you are taping a 70 volt speaker. Don't do that. Go to the amp and choose a non 70 volt output or if using a telephone circuit interface, find an output there. Also if using Mic input versus Line In, turn down the Mic level at the Win Mixer.

M105

Do what Proscan said if possible. If you must tap into a speaker you will need a voltage divider to bring the very high level speaker output down to a very very low level required by the microphone input. Also a 1 mfd capacitor will provide DC isolation. I recommend a non polarized capacitor.

Attached diagram pilfered from the web should be worth a try.

Attachments

• Spk2Mic.jpg
    Spk2Mic.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.