R30 Import to ARC30 - Auto MW CH Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CQ

I don't see any way to import the auto memory write channel (A:Auto MW CH) from the R30 into ARC30. Am I missing something or is this a limitation?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I don't see any way to import the auto memory write channel (A:Auto MW CH) from the R30 into ARC30. Am I missing something or is this a limitation?

I gave up on Arc30 mainly because of the way you must export a settings file to work with anything. I hope Gommert will change that as the Icom software and RT Systems can both read directly from the radio. Their method is much easier and quicker over Arc30's method.
I do find that only the Icom software has everything the radio can do. Arc30 misses some things as does RT Systems. The real Icom version is also lightning fast at reading and writing to the R30. The big disadvantage to the Icom software is not being able to bulk edit memories. It's either all or none. So one almost needs all three available programs to do it all!

Gommert is usually open to suggestions and questions though so I'd shoot him an email about your finding and see what he says. I'm pretty sure Arc30 is still considered a beta product so he is likely still developing it.

CQ

Thanks but...

I gave up on Arc30 mainly because of the way you must export a settings file to work with anything. I hope Gommert will change that as the Icom software and RT Systems can both read directly from the radio. Their method is much easier and quicker over Arc30's method.
I do find that only the Icom software has everything the radio can do. Arc30 misses some things as does RT Systems. The real Icom version is also lightning fast at reading and writing to the R30. The big disadvantage to the Icom software is not being able to bulk edit memories. It's either all or none. So one almost needs all three available programs to do it all!

Gommert is usually open to suggestions and questions though so I'd shoot him an email about your finding and see what he says. I'm pretty sure Arc30 is still considered a beta product so he is likely still developing it.

Can you actually see and edit every option from the icom software that is available on the handheld?

Are you able to view/edit/save the receive log from the unit? Is there a column sort feature, i.e. by frequency? I'm assuming there's no real-time logging or remote control of the unit either, correct?

Can you view/edit/save the auto memory write channel with the icom software? If you can, can you copy 200 frequencies over to a memory slot to edit etc.

Are you able to listen to recorded audio and manipulate the data by moving/deleting etc.?

No mention of beta on the BuTel web site. There is mention of special intro offer when purchasing. The version comes up as .92 version which doesn't exactly fit a 1.0 release. The manual shows 1.0 build 1 draft and revision history doesn't specify .92 (downloaded) but mentions .90 - .99 as betas.

Status
Not open for further replies.