Tvf&r

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xitium

I'm looking for a list of all the equipment at each station (I.E. the unit number) I checked their website but the equipment list doesn't seem to say what the number is. If anyone has this info I would greatly appreciate it.

Xitium

Well yes and no. They have the equipment listed but its not listed with what it is called when its dispatched.

pdxbofh

Terms used when dispatched:

Engine
Truck
Brush Rig
Command (ie. C-5)
Rescue

=========

Engine = Pupmer
Truck = Ladder Truck
Brush Rig.... self explanitory
Command = Chevy Suburban usually
Rescue = again, self explanitory

Is that what you were asking ?
I wasn't toally clear
:confused: :lol: :confused:

DickH

Xitium said:
Well yes and no. They have the equipment listed but its not listed with what it is called when its dispatched.

It may be similar to Portland. The apparatus uses the station number. For example, in Sta. 51 is Eng. 51, Truck 51, etc. I believe the 300 numbers are the volunteer companys.

Xitium

OK for example on the website it is listed as 1-345 (I made up this number) how would I know what it would be called when dispatched? I relize that at station 33 there is an engine 33 but it doesn't say engine 33 on the website. I want to know what all the equipment in the station is. If they have a truck or a rescue... etc.

mh34444

It sounds like you may never come across the information you are looking for on the web, short of driving past each station to see what is parked there. And excluding Engine and Truck companies---water tenders, brush rigs, rescues and other special equipment can seasonaly be moved from station to station, that may also explain why the information isn't readily available.

Reference to 300#'d companies as volunteers.......... I would assume the same, as the Skyline Volunteers are Engine 363.

The TVF&R link that Amusement posted should answer a lot of your questions in a round-abouts way. The description of each station describes what Engine (or Truck company) is housed there, however the pictures show two engines stationed there. My guess is that the 2nd (older) engine is a reserve rig, probably designated as (example) E60 as well but only put into service when the primary rig is out of service.

Portland designates their reserve rigs as E14R, T4R, etc., but those numbers are more or less clerical things, you'll never hear them on the radio using those numbers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.