Fluvanns p25 to be extended

Status
Not open for further replies.

cshiffy105

Premium Subscriber
I know many will say this is for the best but I am not for this at all. Going with the Fluvanna P25 system will most likely mean encryption for Louisa on LE.

I would love to know more about this and who will control the system itself. I would assume that if Louisa is paying for half of the infrastructure they should have a say in how it is set up for their TG's but who knows...

GmanX

Premium Subscriber
From a public safety standpoint this is definitely going to improve radio traffic for Louisa. Their system sounds terrible and has some coverage issues in the county. As for the ability to listen to to new system when they get it, it probably wont be good for scanner listening. Prior to narrow banding the sheriffs office was encrypted. Narrow banding made that encryption obsolete.

cshiffy105

Premium Subscriber
I listen to the system almost daily and can agree that it does have some bad audio. What kind of Analog encryption were they using? I didn't listen to them prior to the narrowbanding mandate so I am not sure.

GmanX

Premium Subscriber
Prior to narrow banding they had DVP-XL on the Sheriffs channel. P25 is night and day different from that digital signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.