Holding on a Channel on BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyt4062

I am having an issue when trying to hold and monitor one channel on a P25 Motorola trunking system on the Minnesota Armer System. I press the CHAN button to hold the channel, but the Sites continue to cycle and I miss out on portions of conversations. Pressing the DEPT/Site button doesn't appear to have any effect; the Sites continue to scan. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks on advance.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
or you can double press the channel key until you see "hold" on the bottom line.

I generally find it easier to hold on system, use the knob to find the proper system, then do the same for department, and finally channel.

kyt4062

I apologize for my late response. I have tried both of those techniques and the problem persists. I can hold the site by pressing the dept/site button, or I can hold the channel by pressing the CHAN button. I can get the channel to hold, but the scanner still cycles through the sites. I am assuming that this is not intentional, as I miss the beginning portions of subsequent transmissions on the held channel.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
During some previous visits to Minnesota, I encountered this same problem. It's probably cumbersome and the most difficult way to do it, but if I want to hold a channel, I'll turn off the quick keys for those sites the talkgroup doesn't use as the primary site.

So if I'm in Minneapolis, I'll turn off the Department/Site Quick Keys for Hennepin East, Minneapolis City Center, Ramsey, etc. Then I'll hold on the desired talkgroup, such as Minneapolis Police 1.

Yes, it might/could be easier.

I think there is a method to Uniden's madness on this. On big statewide systems, such as Minnesota, talkgroups could show up on multiple sites, for example L_TAC_1. So if someone is moving around, but wants to hold on that talkgroup, the scanner will follow it as the user travels from area to area.

rcool101

Feed Provider
In a favorite list with its own Quick Key Number. Enter the system and the site and the TG...nothing else. Just hit the QK number and hit
enter to hear it

Last edited:

kyt4062

Mule1075, This technique worked! It is a matter of hitting the STE hold key at just the right time, as I wasn't able to scroll through the Sites with the top nob, but I did catch the right one after a few tries. I also learned to do the same two-step procedure to remove the hold. Thanks!

kyt4062

rcool101, This technique also worked. I also had success in creating a favorites list with just the main/primary site that the dispatcher always uses and then held on the channel. I am always amazed to see there is more than one way to skin a cat!
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.