Beverly Hills PD Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD2JFA

Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what channel they moved over to? Sounds like their dispatch channel went silent the last 24+ hours. Someone mentioned hearing possibly one of the LA County channels but wasn’t sure. They’re usually fairly active.

KE6QBV

They are using BLUE 3, which is a stand-alone P25 repeater. They're also using encryption.

I have no clue why they made this move. I also don't know if this is permanent or temporary.

I guess we scanner people are out of luck.

-T

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

KD2JFA

Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
They are using BLUE 3, which is a stand-alone P25 repeater. They're also using encryption.

I have no clue why they made this move. I also don't know if this is permanent or temporary.

-T

Thanks for the speedy reply, that’s a shame. Personally hope it’s only temp obviously.

motobot213

Ø Manager
Premium Subscriber
They gone over to the dark side. Kiss them goodbye

BHPD Dispatch is now encrypted forever. Next BLUE 11 Traffic CH will go dark.
One more agency that flipped the switch!

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
On Friday morning they cutover to using P25 Blue-3 as patrol dispatch primary, with analog old Blue-1 becoming the tactical channel.

Blue-3 has selectable encryption which will remain on except in situations such as mutual aid ops.

RR Db is updated to reflect the change.

allend

Premium Subscriber

-T

They made this move because all of LE frequencies or talkgroups will be gone for all agencies over a period of time as we evolve. The goal of all LE agencies is to lock everything down.

This is not to get into a debate over this but you will watch as agencies like Ventura as well of all of South Bay agencies will follow. Then Long Beach and LASO and so on.

As you can see what we will listen to in time is just aircraft, fire, business like apartments complexes, and shipping container companies. You can see in the LA Databases that people are submitting DMR apartment complexes to listen now. This is where we have come with the hobby as it narrows.

Last edited:

nnjtechie

are there even any examples of BHPD ever having their operations endangered? this is so unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.