CSERN Phase 2 Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
I am monitoring this system in ID Search mode, and I am hearing bus comms coming through indicated as Phase 2. The TGID is iB293h. Is this a real TG, or is it an "i-call"? If it is a real TG, does the system use a different TG when in Phase 2?

It sounds like Stamford traffic, so maybe 1394 is the TG in Phase 1 and iB293h is the Phase 2 TG?

BTW, the SDS100 is doing a great job on this and the 800 MHz systems.

cg

Premium Subscriber
It is an ICALL, if you see the "i" before is, it is a radio ID.
The Motorola system and the P25 system will show different talkgroups but the talkgroups are the same P1 or P2.
You are posting using the HEX values which may lead to confusion as the vast majority of RR discussions refer to the decimal TGIDs.

chris

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so then I guess they use ALOT of ICALLs. Thanks for the info. I program radios, so I am accustomed to HEX, but I guess I'll convert here.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I monitor the Hartford area and they do not use any ICALLs for the CT Transit. My guess is that the ICALL feature for those agencies are limited to Phase 2 as to not tie up a limited number of talk paths.
I was thinking that it was someone who deals with the radio software that would be using the hex.

chris

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
I would think that most if not all talk-groups for bus operations would be on an individual basis. No need to have the radio blasting info all over the fleet to talk to one bus, of course fleet-wide might be necessary if for traffic or safety announcements. The old Metro type system did that, only talking to a single bus at a time unless a fleet-wide message was necessary

cg

Premium Subscriber
Right now, that's how they do it for the Hartford Division, overtime offers for individual drivers are over the regular talk groups. I had been down in Southern CT and heard one bus ICALL on the TDMA system. It was an overtime offer.

chris

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
I monitor the Hartford area and they do not use any ICALLs for the CT Transit. My guess is that the ICALL feature for those agencies are limited to Phase 2 as to not tie up a limited number of talk paths.
I was thinking that it was someone who deals with the radio software that would be using the hex.

chris

CT Transit uses almost exclusivly iCalls on the Troop G 700 system, the rest of the sites i've monitored they are using their FDMA talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.