• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CP200D analog to digital upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC_12

I have
aah01qdc9jc2an

As I understand it this is an analog radio

Can someone tell me what is involved in the "software" upgrade to digital
Thanks
Bill

K2NEC

I can prgram it for another $50 bucks per radio if you have the key. I have the software

You don't program the radio. You upgrade the firmware to make it digital capable. Programming and firmware upgrade are not the same thing. The entitlement key stays with the computer that it is purchased on. You cannot transfer keys to another computer. As someone that offered to do this I would think you know what you are talking about.

There is already a thread about this here:
https://forums.radioreference.com/motorola-forum/376750-cp200d-digital-upgrade.html

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Well you need the software to do it so technically you are programming it but I'm not gonna sit here and spend 10 minutes arguing with you!

z31jaime

there are 2 types of entitlements. radio features such as this stay with the radio and you have to get a new key for each radio then there are software entitlements such as wideband programming that stay with the software.

firefive76

You don't program the radio. You upgrade the firmware to make it digital capable. Programming and firmware upgrade are not the same thing. The entitlement key stays with the computer that it is purchased on. You cannot transfer keys to another computer. As someone that offered to do this I would think you know what you are talking about.

There is already a thread about this here:
https://forums.radioreference.com/motorola-forum/376750-cp200d-digital-upgrade.html

False. The entitlement for digital, enhanced privacy, etc. go onto the radio, not the software. You receive the entitlement as an alphanumeric key. It certainly does not have to be added to the radio with the computer it was purchased on.

K2NEC

False. The entitlement for digital, enhanced privacy, etc. go onto the radio, not the software. You receive the entitlement as an alphanumeric key. It certainly does not have to be added to the radio with the computer it was purchased on.

My bad

Status
Not open for further replies.