Haledon Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pursuit

Haledon Police is operating on a new system. Does anyone have any info on this ?

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Got this quote from Haledon's July 12, 2018 council minutes:

"Repeater radio at William Patterson University for OEM will be used now by Police Department, In case of an emergency OEM will use it."

So I'd check Haledon's listed OEM frequency of 154.995 PL 107.2 first. Now I don't know if the OEM radio mentioned in the quote refers to Haledon's OEM radio or OEM for the campus so if you have an OEM frequency for WPU I'd check that too.

Also, Haledon accepted a donation of 20 XTS-1500 radios from WPU at their October 25, 2018 council meeting.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Got this quote from Haledon's July 12, 2018 council minutes:

"Repeater radio at William Patterson University for OEM will be used now by Police Department, In case of an emergency OEM will use it."

So I'd check Haledon's listed OEM frequency of 154.995 PL 107.2 first. Now I don't know if the OEM radio mentioned in the quote refers to Haledon's OEM radio or OEM for the campus so if you have an OEM frequency for WPU I'd check that too.

Also, Haledon accepted a donation of 20 XTS-1500 radios from WPU at their October 25, 2018 council meeting.

There is no OEM frequency. Not that I’m aware of.

As far as I know, there is only the NJICS TG’s for us.

I sure hope Haledon moved to something else. Their repeater is terrible.

I can barely hear them from the campus....

I have a week or so more at college for the semester, and I’ll listen for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There is no OEM frequency. Not that I’m aware of.

As far as I know, there is only the NJICS TG’s for us.

Who is this "us" you refer to? WPU? I assume that you're a student there based on the rest of your post. In any event, no one said WPU OEM, the reference was to Haledon OEM 154.995 which is listed in the database.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Who is this "us" you refer to? WPU? I assume that you're a student there based on the rest of your post. In any event, no one said WPU OEM, the reference was to Haledon OEM 154.995 which is listed in the database.

Yes GTR, I’m a student there. Sorry for not being more clearer. Ok, sorry read the post wrong.

Either way I’ll listen to both channels and see what we get

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Probably my fault for the bad read in my posting. I was just trying to point out that that IF WPU had an old OEM frequency (prior to the switch to NJICS) to check it but to definitely check out Haledon's listed OEM frequency. I am not in North Jersey and the DB entry for WPU doesn't show their old frequencies so I wasn't familiar with their old setup.

Regardless, Pursuit has already confirmed hearing Haledon PD on Haledon's listed OEM frequency.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Probably my fault for the bad read in my posting. I was just trying to point out that that IF WPU had an old OEM frequency (prior to the switch to NJICS) to check it but to definitely check out Haledon's listed OEM frequency. I am not in North Jersey and the DB entry for WPU doesn't show their old frequencies so I wasn't familiar with their old setup.

Regardless, Pursuit has already confirmed hearing Haledon PD on Haledon's listed OEM frequency.

Alright. All good.

Thanks Castor

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
154.9950 110.9 used to be the Haledon Ambulance Associations Repeater. They had Ambulance buildings in North Haledon, Haledon and Prospect Park. They disbanded a few years ago and Paterson FD EMS now covers Haledon and Prospect Park full time. North Haledon formed their own Volunteer Corps. and use 156.2250 DPL445 for Dispatch and Operations. North Haledon is covered by Paterson FD EMS during the day hours. It looks like according the DB 154.9950 was turned over to Haledon OEM with the PL to 107.2 after the Ambulance operations ceased. Haledon PD was always horrible on 155.6550 250.3 even when Orangetown NY was on that freq.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Is that switch to OEM freq. just temporary? If it’s permanent, I may have a chance of actually hearing them in any other town than Haledon itself...

Status
Not open for further replies.