Using Hamitup converter with a scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saboken

Premium Subscriber
I have several sdr radios and a hamitup converter I haven’t tried it yet but has anyone used a hamitup with a standard scanner like a Bcd996p2 or Bcd536hp? Will it allow the scanner to receive shortwave transmissions? I know there’s no way to do a frequency shift with a scanner (that I know of?) but if say I set a range on AM at 125000 and go up or down from there will it work? Or am I thinking into this to much? The scanner tuner is better than the sdr and I would think it would preform better.

saboken

Premium Subscriber
I plan on it I just have a mess of gadgets to sort through the thought just came to me while looking for stuff to sell on eBay to clear out my excess gadgets lol

Ubbe

I would assume you'll need an Icom or AOR scanner that have SSB and much smaller steps than 5Khz and IF filters less than 15Khz that the Unidens can muster. When you go below 25Mhz you don't have the needed required features from a Uniden scanner?

/Ubbe

saboken

Premium Subscriber
I didn't think about that I never really looked at the steps the uniden scanners ability is? I don't know what scanner the guy in the YouTube video used his focus wasn't the greatest! All I can do it try it should hit some but your right the SDR radios can receive a lot more because of there design

Status
Not open for further replies.