Bcd 396xt start up keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love using those startup keys on the 396xt assigning different systems but I'm having a problem trying to access them at startup systems 1 through 0 I can easily start-up however say I want to start up system 12 or system 99 I can only seem to do the first digit i e. 1 or 9 not 12 or 99 does anyone know how to pull up the double digit systems on Startup if they have a start-up key assigned?

Ty for the info however that is after startup I'm talking about when you are turning the unit on trying to access any 2 digit startup key say 12 or 99 say you want to access start-up key eight you simply power the unit on and hold eight but how would you do 12 or 99?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ty for the info however that is after startup I'm talking about when you are turning the unit on trying to access any 2 digit startup key say 12 or 99 say you want to access start-up key eight you simply power the unit on and hold eight but how would you do 12 or 99?
While you can have system quick keys from 0-99, the scanner only allows ten startup keys. There is no option to use a two digit startup key (i.e. key 8 is acceptable, but 80, or 12, or any other two digit number is not valid).

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
I never used Start Keys I always used Quick Keys, I just turned the scanner on and selected what I wanted to scan.

Startup keys are convenient for people that travel. For example, I split my time between my home and St. Louis, MO. Startup key 1 will load all my home quick keys. Startup key 2 will load all my St. Louis quick keys.

This is especially useful if for some reason your quick keys are not grouped together. So startup key 1 will load quick key 1, 23, 50, 61, and 80. Much easier than double tapping the period to load all those quick keys.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I never used Start Keys I always used Quick Keys, I just turned the scanner on and selected what I wanted to scan.

I started out with my 996xt relying on the Startup Keys for different systems. I used them for some time until I got my 536HP. It was then I realized it was far easier to use the Quick Keys to toggle systems on and off much as you would with the x36HP Favorites List.

Status
Not open for further replies.