Sony Wireless Mic Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparker1962

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask.
I own a Sony wireless mic for video taping. I thought I would try and intercept the signal on my scanner but I'm not having much luck. I own a Uniden 436HP and the frequencies for the mic are 912.6MHz and 916.2MHz. Both frequencies were transferred to my scanner using ProScan. I've tried setting the Modulation to auto and NFM but still no luck. I've also tried using the Close Call method but no luck with that either.
Is there something I'm missing?
Thanks

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
sparker1962 - wireless mic could be transmitting in FHSS - Digital Frequency hopping mode. also try WFM. if its FHSS you are out of luck. scanners cant scan FHSS or Spread Spectrum Digital. A Digital opto Scout frequency counter might be able to confirm, another way is to use a SDR and a PC. but, if its Digital good luck Demodulating it.

RFI-EMI-GUY

The bandwidth of the mike is easily 50 KHz. Might even be digital Look up the FCC id for the mikes,

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

sparker1962

Premium Subscriber
I found the frequency using NFM. I would have thought setting the modulation to "automatic" would have picked it up but I guess not. Also on the back of the mic is said "916.2MHz" which was actually 916.1125.
I was also hoping the Close Call feature would have found it as well but I guess not.
Thanks for your input

Status
Not open for further replies.