Faifax County Programming problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazer7112

I just bought a Pro-96. I have programmed the frequencies. I am able to hear communications now that are digital. but i see no talk group ID. Its very random. Is there two systems running in this area? maybe a type II and a digital? I hear 3 what seems to be control channnels listed in my area in the data base. If anyone is in the area that can help. Would be greatly appreciated. probably user error. I have already D/L the Pro 96 software just in need of a little help. Thanks

Jason

Towpro

You might want to try posting in the "Radio Shack" forum. I use Don Starr's software for my 3 scanners: http://starrsoft.com/software/win96/default.asp ......

The RS software I have no clue, sorry. The above mentioned you can try for 30 days for free, to see if you like it. I can tell you it is simple to manage my three radios, plus all my friends LOL.

Blazer7112

thanks

Yea thats the software I have. Im just not shure if I can DL a file from here and upload it to my scanner? Just trying to figure all this out

Thanks for the reply i have 29 days left to try lol

Jason

Towpro

You sure can D/L from the database here. Do you have the "USB PC-Data Cable" ??

One of the ones you can use is this: http://www.greamerica.com/scanner.html

or the one from Radio Shack. Use the import from web in the win96 program, it will d/l from the data base into your scanner, in the banks that you choose. The talk groups are put in place, then you can lock or unlock what you want to listen to or not. If you have the cable, give it a try, you will see how easy it is. I'm still a newbie here, but it is easy to do..!

I'm sure a few guys will be on here explaining how to do this a lil better than me soon...LOL

Blazer7112

Thanks Again

I got it going. No sweat. nice added feture being able to access the RR DB from the Win-96 software. I travel all over Nothern VA and DC maryland area. Man a lot goes on around here. If anyone has a good setup for the DC area let me know. I guess Radioshack couldent make more room for TG's Dose anyone have any tips on how I can seperate the TG's on the same system, for example fire and police. my current setup i get boulth but alot of the times just the TG number comes up cause the scanner is in the police bank when a fire TG is on. There is so much that goes on in DC seems like a interesting place to monitor and test.

Thanks for the responces

Jason

Towpro

Blazer7112 said:
Dose anyone have any tips on how I can seperate the TG's on the same system, for example fire and police.

I loaded the system twice, into 2 different banks, then locked out all the fire on one, then police on the other. That way I can lock-out one bank or another & listen to what I want. Here is a pic of one bank that I locked out a few id's I didn't need(lower right). Hope this helps. Also, as my tow company does the work for Sully District & Fair Oaks District of the Fairfax P.D., I actually locked out all but those two on a bank, then locked all but the fire dept. on another, then last I have all of the other police freqs. on yet another bank. I don't need to hear the other stuff going on out of my area most days, unless something big is happening.

Blazer7112

Thanks

I was thinking of that. I just have been scanning in open mode to make shure im not missing anything thats not in the DB. Im hearing alot of special unit stuff. SWAT ect. this weekend was a 9 story building fire practice drill. Got old after the 2nd drill. I do have to say being in the towing buisness around this area Got to stay busy. Ill do that and go closed for a while. thanks!

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.