BCT15 Scan Resume

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper6

Feed Provider
When Scanning is there a setting to force a BCT15 to resume scanning after a few seconds when it stops on a transmission? Just got this one and its getting me a little frustrated...

I can set my 796 to resume scanning after a few seconds by entering -10 into the hold time but i cant find anything that will do that for the BCT15. The only hold time function I can find is the system hold time which seems to do nothing.

The manual says the scanner remains on a transmission x seconds before scanning a new system when x is the system hold time. I understand this should be global across the system but this make no sense to me. Does this mean it will take x seconds of no transmissions in a system before moving to the next system??? The manual is clear as mud.

I just want it to resume scanning after a few seconds so it dosent sit on a longwinded transmission on a ham repeater that dosent drop for 45 minutes. I can't believe it can be done on the 796 and not the bct15. Isnt that a basic kinda function ???

Status
Not open for further replies.