GS Parkway Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Can someone try to monitor the GS Parkway conventional radio system, I have not heard anything in the past few days either on there operations or maintenance channels on 800 MHZ. Talking to someone that works at operations they tell me there have not switched over to a new system. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tony M.
Harrison, NJ

onsceno

Tony

I've Actually Had Those Freqs In My Scanner For A While... I Still Have Yet To Hear Anything On Them

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I have noticed 2 new talkgroups on the NJSP System that have been affiliating to GSP & TPK Units. This might be where they are going to wind up.

28208 - Parkway
28240 - Turnpike

mondaro

Feed Provider
A small follow up to this, I have had the Parkway system on all night. Mainly late you hear Parkway Hq doing the checks at the top of the hour to the toll booths up and down the parkway and the parkway talking to some of the tow trucks bases NONE of these chatter has been heard and any of the 4 channels I have programmed into the radios. It is going to be Interesting to find out what's really going on here.

Take Care

Tony

mondaro

Feed Provider
Breaking News....

According is a source at GS Parkway Operations the have moved over to a new RE-BANDED radio system, I gave a call to there ops department early this morning. If I find anything out during today I be sure to post it. I can confirmed that they are not using the old system any longer, Nothing on tow trucks or roll calls overnight on the North and South system.

Take Care

Tony Mondaro
Harrison, NJ

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I saw this morning that they have a ton of FCC updates for the GSP. I'll go through all the licenses and post the new freqs.

Last edited:

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
This is preliminary, but from what I've seen on the new license applications so far, the new system should look like this:

Bass River Twp. & Holmdel
852.1625 - Ops
857.0375 - Ops (New)
853.8625 - Maintenance
858.0375 - Maintenance (New)

Bloomfield, Upper Twp. & Dover Twp.
851.3375 - Ops
857.0875 - Ops (new)
852.7375 - Maintenance
858.0875 - Maintenance (New)

More info to follow

Last edited:

mondaro

Feed Provider
GSP Follow Up

John...

Great Job...

Here are the Northern & Southern PL Tones (Confirmed ) 151.4 for both, I can confirm all posted updated Freq's they are correct for the North and working. Thanks again John for doing the research on the data base, Have a Happy New Year and great weekend !!

Tony

Last edited:

GM

Premium Subscriber
GSP Radio System 800 Mhz

Anyone know what happened to the tow truck operations for the GSP on conventional 800 Mhz? I haven't heard anything in a few months on 857.0375 and 858.0875 with the PL 151.4 enabled. However today, with a search on, I noticed that State Police were using 858.0875 as a talk-around with a PL of 192.8 on Rt. 37 in Toms River. I normally monitor the GSP Ops from the Edison NJ area, but even driving during the day, I can't seem to find them. I tried using signal stalker on my Pro-97 at Garden State Arts Center in Holmdel, but no luck still. Anyone know if they maybe moved over to the 220 Mhz TRS?

Highpockets

This is preliminary, but from what I've seen on the new license applications so far, the new system should look like this:

Bass River Twp. & Holmdel
852.1625 - Ops
857.0375 - Ops (New)
853.8625 - Maintenance
858.0375 - Maintenance (New)

Bloomfield, Upper Twp. & Dover Twp.
851.3375 - Ops
857.0875 - Ops (new)
852.7375 - Maintenance
858.0875 - Maintenance (New)

More info to follow

I've been hearing Maintenance (GSP) in TR area lately on 857.0875. Haven't heard Ops lately, I'll listen tomorrow.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Hello everyone I will consider this my first stupid question ever posted my me but can any scanner receive this new NJ Highway 220 TRS system ? I got some feelers out and waiting for some answers as far as the new system goes I will share with everyone the answer as soon as I get them.

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Highpockets

Hello everyone I will consider this my first stupid question ever posted my me but can any scanner receive this new NJ Highway 220 TRS system ? I got some feelers out and waiting for some answers as far as the new system goes I will share with everyone the answer as soon as I get them.

Thanks in advance.

Tony

I'm under the impression that no scanner will be able to follow the new system, this is what I'm hearing so far!

mondaro

Feed Provider
I'll let you know what I come up with. I have a few emails and phone calls out. I know they have to switch over a lot of radios I just hope the new systems is simulcasted on one of the frequencies currently in use.

Tony

N2DLX

Premium Subscriber
My contact seems to suggest it's going to be an LTR system. I'm told it'll be Motorola radios, with GPS and other features added to the radios. Details are hard to get when the person doesn't care about the radio system enough to pay attention to details.

I do know that the system has been contracted to Pinnacle and is at least partially operational, as the management have been using and testing the radios for some time now.

I think 220 MHz is a bad move, as equipment availability is very limited and so they'll be locking themselves into one manufacturer. 220 MHz is better than a UHF TRS at least, but at a sacrifice. VHF trunking would be ideal if they could have pulled it off.

Rumor has it that Verizon either owned or used the system, and traded the system to the Turnpike/Parkway in exchange for some of their frequencies. That would explain why the infrastructure is up already.

Status
Not open for further replies.