494 MHz ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

Lately, I've been receiving what sounds like strong "birdies" at my job in the 494 MHz band, more specifically, 494.300 - 494.3125. My handheld BC92XLT has been signal stalking them on occasion. I work in a building that uses a "buzz in" for people to enter. Could that be causing this strange signal? The FCC database has nothing for this range for the entire state of NJ. If anyone has info, please feel free to let me know. I'm very curious.

Ben

This falls within the limits of TV channel 18. That is not assigned in the NYC or Philadelphia metropolitan areas or their NJ suburbs.

Computers, wired LANs and microprocessor devices are extremely noisy. I think you may be on track for what might be causing your noise. Noise is a lot more noticeable on frequencies where there are no other signals or where the noisefloor is quieter.

ecps92

Make/model ?
Many of the manuals used to list the known birdies

IF the buzz-in is wireless, maybe, but likely other electronics nearby
Take the antenna off and see if you still hear them

Lately, I've been receiving what sounds like strong "birdies" at my job in the 494 MHz band, more specifically, 494.300 - 494.3125. My handheld BC92XLT has been signal stalking them on occasion. I work in a building that uses a "buzz in" for people to enter. Could that be causing this strange signal? The FCC database has nothing for this range for the entire state of NJ. If anyone has info, please feel free to let me know. I'm very curious.

Ben

Holy thread resurrection.

McCandless is near Pittsburgh, which is very far from NJ. Frederick, MD is 96 miles from NJ.

Bullhead, AZ is 2,142 miles from NJ.

I don't think any of these is what Ben was hearing 9 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.