Got my Larsen NMO 150/450/800 in today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
After doing a lot of research and reading all the post on antennas, I finally got in my Larsen NMO 150/450/800 with the New Improved Larsen NMO Mag Mount. All I can say is WOW. I was blown away on how well this antenna pulls in signals. I was also shocked by the size. I thought it would be bigger, but it's very small. You can barely see it against my dark blue paint. I monitor 3 counties in my area and I’m able to pull in all my 150/450/800 channels with very good results. I live on the south end and I can hear north end units. I was also worried about pulling in Mil Land Mobile, Mil Air and Civil Air since I live near military bases but it’s pulling them in just fine. Right now I have the 396 hooked up to it. When I plugged in the BCT-15, I get even greater reception. My next goal is to mount the BCT15 in the lower storage pocket of my Tahoe. That new mount is very strong. I mounted it just forward of the roof rack. I had to move it a little and it almost didn’t want to come off. This weekend I hope to finish my install with the BCT15. Thanks again for the advice given in the forums. It was well worth the investment.
Dan

Last edited:

benjaminarthurt

Premium Subscriber
Where did you pick up the Larsen NMO 150/450/800, Sounds like it would be a good fit for my mobile monitoring needs. How is the performance on 800mhz?

Where did you buy it and how much?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Got mine from here.
Mobile Antennas
Great service and fast shipping. Shipped Saturday and I got it Monday. I got the NMO with UHF connector since it was the only one they had so I used a UHF/BNC adapter.
. Can you tell me what the total LENGTH is? Thanks, 73, n9zas

Redneck0410

Where did you pick up the Larsen NMO 150/450/800, Sounds like it would be a good fit for my mobile monitoring needs. How is the performance on 800mhz?

Where did you buy it and how much?
I got mine from The Antenna Farm. Also purchased the Larsen mag mount. It picks up pretty good across the board where I live (40,000+ population with numerous tall buildings and trees).

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I have the Larsen NMO 150/450/800 antenna and found very good performance here in Los Angeles area. Never tried military air though. Think I will give that a try.

Steve AA6IO

K2RNI

I have a BCT15x as well. Looks pretty neat stealthy. I saw that one before but didn't think it would do as good on VHF given the size and price, good to know that's not the case.

Redneck0410

To expand on my previous post, I have found the 800 reception in my area is better than before. Where I was picking up just the two towers in my county before, now I'm picking up towers 25-30 miles away with semi-decent decode. All this on a Pro-652. I might have better luck with a 996, but I ain't made it that far yet.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hmm ... I just may have to spring for one of those. :). 73, n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.