Florida Roll Call

mkh

Other state forums have done this so I thought it would be a great idea for Florida. Please list where you live and what you monitor.

I live in the northwest part of St. Johns county just about a mile from the Duval county (i.e. Jacksonville) line.

I monitor the St. Johns count Police and Fire along with the St. Augustine Police. I also sometimes monitor the Jacksonville Fire Rescue feed that UFEMTFF provides.

I'm also a licensed ham and I'm getting involved with both ARES and SkyWarn. I'm studying for my General and hope to do more HF work soon.

Taloniilm

I live in NW FL about 25 miles east of Pensacola. I monitor Santa Rosa SO and EMS/ Fire, Escambia SO and EMS/ Fire, Pensacola PD, (trunked), Okaloosa SO and EMS/ Fire, Ft Walton Beach PD, Hurlburt Field, Eglin AFB and Eglin Range. The mil stuff is digital. When the conditions are right, I can pull in Southern Alabama, SW Georgia and have been able to pull in NE FL, (ie Putnam Co.). Lots of good scanning in my area... always something of interest to monitor.

pawsrock

I am in Jax Fla. Southside of Jax and listen to JFRD, Clay County Fire /Rescue and sometimes St.Johns County F/R I have times when I just scan the bands to see what I might be missing. Also its good just because you never know what you might hear. I will start studing later in the year so I can upgrade to General, right now to much going on.
Ron Fone

Pro 96
Pro 2022
Listen To Live Interent Feeds

www.flamesandfur.com(Please check out my site and tell me what you think?)

wise871

Database Admin
Taloniilm said:
I live in NW FL about 25 miles east of Pensacola. I monitor Santa Rosa SO and EMS/ Fire, Escambia SO and EMS/ Fire, Pensacola PD, (trunked), Okaloosa SO and EMS/ Fire, Ft Walton Beach PD, Hurlburt Field, Eglin AFB and Eglin Range. The mil stuff is digital. When the conditions are right, I can pull in Southern Alabama, SW Georgia and have been able to pull in NE FL, (ie Putnam Co.). Lots of good scanning in my area... always something of interest to monitor.

The same goes for me since I'm just down the road from TalonIILM.

k0bzv

Live in Melbourne (Brevard County) in East Central Florida.
Main scanning interests are Law Enforcement and Fire Rescue. Also a good bit of civil
air operations.
Also use scanners in my job as a security officer (Rent-A-Cop).
I have held a general class ham ticket for 45+ years and mess with any thing that grabs
my interest. Currently into limited space VHF/UHF antennas.
Semi-retired and have a bit of free time now. Got all the kids married off so just two
of us. Wife also a scanner nut (probably why we are still married after 25 years!)

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
i also think this is a great idea. i also live in st.johns county,fl. i moniter mainly the st.johns county fire rescue, st.augustine fd. i dont like to listen to the sherriff or pd because of their 10 codes, but i do from time to time. Happy scanning! ps. are you the one who recently submitted all the new freqs. please reply here.

Last edited:

k0bzv

Quick OT note
Completely agree with BMT about age and treachery......! If you can't dazzle them with
brillance, baffle them with bull s**t!!

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
Hey Ppl We Want To Know Where You Moniter!!! I See How There Is 95 Views And Only 7 Replies. Its Not That Hard, So Reply.

wise871

Database Admin
sjcscanner said:
Hey Ppl We Want To Know Where You Moniter!!! I See How There Is 95 Views And Only 7 Replies. Its Not That Hard, So Reply.
It would be cool if everyone posted. This way we could see how much of the state is covered by scanner listeners.

BMT

I'll never understand why some one spend's hundred's of dollar's, joins every scanner list on the internet and never post.

I tried posting some MILAIR activity on this forum and all I got was 1 reply "????????????".
Unless something interesting happens NO MORE MILAIR post!!

Why bother to post if there is no interest.

BMT

Equipment:
ICOM R-75

wise871

Database Admin
I like listening to Mil air. Living near Eglin, Hurlburt, Duke and Pensacola NAS I hear tons of Mil air traffic. Only reason I don't post Mil Freqs myself is, they change on a daily basis compared to Civil Air. Most freqs are assigned for a mission/flight or their used for a specific period and then they are changed. I find it simpler just to search the frequency range when listening to Mil Air.

qwertvt

I'm in Tampa. Specifically Temple Terrace which is 100% encrypted. I just bought my first scanner a couple of weeks ago (BCD 396T) so I am still trying to figure everything out. Right now I listen to Hillsborough County PD but I am picking up quite a few frequencies which I can't figure out. For some reason I can't seem to pick up the fire department even though I am using RR and Arc for programming. Eventually I would like to get a license so I can go mobile.

n4dog

I live in Tallahassee. I monitor the following:

Tallahassee Fire Dept. and all of the County Volunteer Departments.( I am on Chaires-Capitola)
Leon Cty EMS
Wakulla Cty Fire and EMS
Taylor Cty Fire Rescue
Jefferson Cty Fire Rescue
Also some South Georgia stuff like Thomas and Grady Cty Fire Rescue.
I listen to it on my Pro-96
Take Care,
Marshall

whooey

I live in Gainesville,FL. I Mainly Monitor the local Public Saftey. (Alachua County Sheriff/ Gainesville Police/ Alachua County Fire and Rescue)

Eznuff575

Premium Subscriber
I live in Sarasota County and monitor public safety for Sarasota County and when mobile I monitor Manatee County and where ever I my travel. Also am a licensed HAM.

Doug
PRO-96
PRO-2096
Motorola MTX 1500 (800MHz)

stang351

I live in Miami, but am presently in Reno, NV on vacation. Just checked he FCC site and my Tech ticket was just issued! When I get home a BCD396T will be waiting for me. I'll be monitoring Metro Dade police and fire, among others - both home and mobile.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
I live on the southern end of Duval County, along I-95. I listen to JFRD & St. Johns County FD/PD/SO with my PRO-96. Also, on VHF/UHF amateur radio repeaters in same area. Rarely on HF, but have capability. Base station includes 3 desktop scanners.