Linux (FC6) Streams

Status
Not open for further replies.

htdnet

So I have looked and looked and looked and the only way I can find to do some steaming of my PRO-96 is to use TeamSpeak Server 2 and the Client. It is really nice to use however it is just not exactly what I am looking for. So I have also tried Icecast and Shoutcast with very little luck actually none along with Ampache which is supposed to work with Icecast however if you don't have Icecast setup right then of course Ampache will not work to put the scanner online. I have root access it is a box at my house I'm just playing around with getting everything up and working etc. Any suggestions or ideas on how to config it with Fedora Core 6?

htdnet

Also

Yeah I'm a nagger, um, any way to have the display come up on for viewers when hooked onto a steaming application can they see what I see? Probably not but that would be AWESOME! (and nope sorry no web camera options accepted :)

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
htdnet said:
Yeah I'm a nagger, um, any way to have the display come up on for viewers when hooked onto a steaming application can they see what I see? Probably not but that would be AWESOME! (and nope sorry no web camera options accepted :)

Not with a Pro-96. There is no computer control of a pro-96, hence on display on the computer. You'll have to use a webcam to get the display up, it's the only option.

As far as getting the feed up and running, have you tried Windows Media Encoder 9? That's what I use and it works perfectly. And it's free.

htdnet

Actually just fixed it...

So I went with a different solution using streamcast check it out http://home.htdnet.com:8888/listen.pls only problem is that it is about 15 seconds delay. Too bad it can't encode quicker. Streamcast is better than shout cast because it is an all in one solution. Meshes together two great open source products into one. http://scanner.htd.net/ thats the online site to listen in on the scanner in Fauquier County if anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.