Trunking in Queensland ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comint

Premium Subscriber
RochedaleScan said:
Does anyone know if there is any service that uses trunking in Queensland ? if so what are the frequencies for them ?
Define "service".

If by "service" you mean any of the Emergency Services, then the answer is that none of the Emergency Services in Queensland use Trunked Radio.

The Brisbane City Council Bus Service uses a trunked radio network. Unfortunately it is MPT1327 and there are currently no scanners capable of Trunk tracking that protocol.

And FWIW, there are Motorola 800 MHz systems in Brisbane and the Gold Coast, and at Eagle Farm Airport.

RochedaleScan

umm im just starting to learn a bit about trunking I know that the emergency services in Queensland dont use trunking I was just looking for anything that I could decode using a uniden UBCT8

Comint

Premium Subscriber
As pointed out previously, there are Motorola Smartnet Trunking systems in the Brisbane area. Just scan between 865.0125 and 869.9875 MHz in 25KHz steps, and listen for a continuous data transmission, and try that frequency as a Control Channel. The Control Channels rotate daily (ie. freq A is used one day, freq B used the next day, etc, up to four freqs). Unfortunately, scanners made for the American market have the 800 MHz band blocked above 868.9875 Mhz, so that may be a bit of a problem.

There are at least two active Sites on Mt Coottha.

There is an 800MHz EDACS system at Gladstone (Boyne Island Smelter)

There are supposed to be some LTR systems in the Brisbane area, but I don't have the equipment to listen for them. There are some ComGroup and Vertel frequencies on Mt Cotton that are possible candidates. Scan between 478 and 510 MHz. Google to find out what to look for in the way of an LTR Home Channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.