wanting to listen to Illinois State Police in Disrict 20 online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimlovesjr

I was wondering if there was any way to listen to the Illinois State Police in District 20 on this website or if they know how accurate the frequencies are for Starcom becauxe i put them in my scanner and i don't hear anything.

Thanks,
Kimberly Clark

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Kim you will need a scanner which is APCO 25 capable and be able to search trunked systems before anything will be heard. Do you have this ability?
N9ZAS.

dcriner

The old VHF and UHF ISP channels listed on this site are, for the most part, silent. ISP has migrated to a 700- and 800-Hz trunked system.
Doug

N9JIG

Sheriff
kimlovesjr said:
I was wondering if there was any way to listen to the Illinois State Police in District 20 on this website or if they know how accurate the frequencies are for Starcom becauxe i put them in my scanner and i don't hear anything.

The StarCom21 freqs listed on RadioReference and the CARMA Profile are pretty much on the mark. If you are in the coverage area for District 20 then you should be able to hear them, if the scanner you are using is digital capable.

If you are not in the area (basically anywhere in the district or the neighboring counties) then the only time you will hear District 20 traffic is when a District 20 car happens to be in your area monitoring his home channel.

I don't know of any on-line scanner that has any western IL StarCom21 traffic on it, I think there is one for the District 18/District 11 area though.

Status
Not open for further replies.