Southbury PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurt50

Premium Subscriber
I am having trouble receiving Southbury PD.the signal indicator shows a strong signal but the audio sounds digitize and distorting.I can receive all the other Southbury frequencies with no trouble at all.Here is the frequency:155.03250 Lic:WQAS861 type:RM Police Mode:APCO-25. I am using a bcd996t.The audio type setting is set to all ,att is set to off.Any ideas?

mlevin

I believe that Southbury PD is digital encrypted, meaning you won't be able to hear it clearly on any scanner.

soupster

southbury

I had the same prob a while ago. They went digital. Its such a quite town I dont now whay they went digital...save you$$ for a digital scanner. But theres not a whole lot going on in southbury anyway.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Same goes for Darien PD. What the heck does Darien need a digital scrambled signal for? How sensitive can your little tiny town be that it needs to be scrambled? I just dont get it!

Manny

digitalBill

scanernutt said:
Same goes for Darien PD. What the heck does Darien need a digital scrambled signal for? How sensitive can your little tiny town be that it needs to be scrambled? I just dont get it!

Manny
I think you mean Wilton........Darien is digital but NOT encrypted

comspec

I actually find that these small towns are more sensitive to their comms then the big cities are. With only one or two cars on patrol they tend to use the radio to shoot the bull back and forth.

I do have to laugh though as a small town I am near (that shall remain nameless to protect the stupid) spent hard earned tax payer money on a voice inversion scrambled system. When they first got it they used it all the time, but were pressured by surrounding PD's and Volunteer EMS, FD to only use it when sensitive information was being trasnmitted.

I think they now only use it to order donuts and coffee over the air. There was one time I think they should have used it they didn't. They were at the scene of a fatal accident and broadcast the name of the deceased in the clear and unfortuntely some people who knew him had to hear it. :(.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Southbury along with
Wilton
Milford
Bristol
Woodbury (simplex)
Are Encrypted 24/7
I listen to monroe PD all the time. Yesterday my 996 showed me an encryped transmition. so they are on the way to it also.
If you buy a Motorola digital radio ADP encryption is only a $10 option. So why not get it.
Our city is trying to get a new sytem, PD, EMS & PW will be encrypted FD still needs to page out calls so they will be analog for now. $10 per radio...not a bad deal :)

andy404ns

Firebuff66 said:
Southbury along with
Wilton
Milford
Bristol
Woodbury (simplex)
Are Encrypted 24/7
I listen to monroe PD all the time. Yesterday my 996 showed me an encryped transmition. so they are on the way to it also.
If you buy a Motorola digital radio ADP encryption is only a $10 option. So why not get it.
Our city is trying to get a new sytem, PD, EMS & PW will be encrypted FD still needs to page out calls so they will be analog for now. $10 per radio...not a bad deal :)

lol @ woodbury

comspec

Firebuff66 said:
Southbury along with
QUOTE]

Are you sure? I thought it was a lot more.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
DigitalBill !
You're right, I meant Wilton! Either way, it's just plain stupid and a waste of tax payers money. There are far better uses for the money. Changes are not always for the best. Just ask Shelton PD. They went from the low band right to where they are now,867 mhz. They are lucky they can hear dispatch let alone each other sometimes. Then there is Derby PD, which uses NO REPEATERS. They depend on the high watt mobiles to get through to dispatch. Now I ask you, what can a good old digitaly encrypted system do for these folks? NOTHING,NADA,ZIPPO!

Manny

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
comspec said:
Firebuff66 said:
Southbury along with
QUOTE]

Are you sure? I thought it was a lot more.

Im sure...ADP Software encryption when orderd with the radio is $10 option.
Its not a really secure encryption but no one in scanner land can listen (Google it and you can read about it)...Try out Southbury they are Software ADP..you get NADA

Status
Not open for further replies.