SNOTEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
picked up SNOTEL on 40.670 today here in north-east New Jersey. first I've ever heard of this. Possibly my best DX yet. very clear signal at points. no longer able to pick it up.

K0LGI

Snotel Online Article

picked up SNOTEL on 40.670 today here in north-east New Jersey. first I've ever heard of this. Possibly my best DX yet. very clear signal at points. no longer able to pick it up.

You may also be interested in a recent article that has been posted about the SNOtel-SCAN system you are referring to.

It is for the most part generated for those listening to meteor returns by the using the master station multiple transmitters located in the US operating on 40.67 MHz.

Another similar article is being written for release soon about using low band (54-88 MHz) DTV transmitter pilot carriers for the same purpose.

The online article is located at: Denny K0LGI - SNOTEL among several other items relating to radio detected meteors at: Home

Denny - K0LGI

spacellamaman

thanks for posting this thread folks. found 40.67 on sun looking for something completely different. logged via search and store using a 346xt with a telescoper and got audio recordings of nearly a half hour with a pro-668 and a homemade 36in whip. both from inside the house and oddly enough the pro-668 was in signal stalker mode.

piedmont nc just fyi

hope that adds some propagation data for ya'll. i had never heard it before in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.