Skip on 154.145 in Western New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Intermittently, for the past few years, you can hear skip in Orchard Park, NY on our main fire frequency. Numerous times, you can hear almost crystal clear tones coming out and fire dispatch, dispatching a call, for smoke in the building or other calls.

Last week, tones came over kinda crackled, and you could hear "station 20, respond for a odor of gas in the residence, 125 maple rd..." before it faded out.

one time, i believe i herd the station identification come over, and ran the call sign to the town of flint, mi (which would make sense, seeing how it could just come strait across lake erie)

i dont think the last skip incident was from flint, because i cant find a station 20 with flint fire

just wondering, is anyone hearing us skip back across the lake?

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
Andy,

The 154.145 VHF channel is a simulcast of the Flint and Genesee County Fire dispatch talkgroup 2402 on the MPSCS statewide trunked system. It was probably Station 23, the station for the City of Burton, a suburb of Flint; as Flint's fire stations are numbered with single digit numbers.
I hope this info helps,

-Gary

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I think i figured it out

So 9/24 at 0800hrs I was sitting at my desk at dispatch, when i herd a 0800hrs test for the City of Bryan Fire Department. A quick check of the database, and pow, 154.145 - City of Bryan F-1 Dispatch, Bryan, OH (Williams County). So for ****s and giggles i called over to the fire house and talked to someone over there, and confirmed it was them, and asked if they here us dispatching, which they don't, but still cool that i finally figured out who was coming in on our dispatch channel. That time was probably the clearest it came in that i could remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.