HDSDR software

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
FYI...

HDSDR 1.0 is available (formerly called WinradHD)
HDSDR Homepage

This is outstanding software for the SDR-IQ and many others.

Token

I have not been paying close attention to this one. I used both Winrad and WinradHD in the past, and found them a little clunky. But, I am always up for new stuff, so I will give this one a try.

The downloads are clear, but is there an install guide someplace? I got the exe and the dll files. Installed the program. Moved the dll files to the program file. But it does not recognize the SDR-IQ?

T!

brandon

Database Admin
Hi Token

The file sdr14x.dll must be registered in order for it to work.

To do so just open up a command prompt
Start > Run > cmd
cd into the C:\Program Files\HDSDR directory and then type:
regsvr32 sdr14x.dll

and press Enter. It should confirm that the file has been successfully registered.

If your on Windows 7 or Vista you must run the command prompt as "Administrator" in order for this to work. Once you do that it should allow you to see the SDR-IQ from the program.

Help running command prompt on Vista

Hello Brandon

I downloaded HDSDR, and it opens fine. When I type in a frequency, the waterfall doesn't change.

I have Vista.

I followed your directions of going to the command prompt, finding the right directory and then typing in regsvr32 sdr14x.dll

An error message pops up: "The module sdr14x.dll failed to load."

When I open up the directory, there's no such file. Apparently I need to get this file from another location?

Thanks

brandon

Database Admin
Here is the link to the file
HDSDR - Hardware
(download the one for your radio)

Unzip and place the files into the HDSDR directory, then try the register dll steps above and hopefully it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.