RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Software Defined Radio

Software Defined Radio - A forum for general discussion of software defined radio (SDR) receiver equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 9:50 AM

Default RTL2832U with HDSDR

This might help some others on here getting the RTL2832U usbsdr to talk with hdsdr.

If you don't have HDSDR install you can get it here
HDSDR Homepage

If you allready have HDSDR install you just need to copy the two files in this zip and select the ExtIO_RTLSDR and your good to go.
Zippyshare.com - ExtIO_RTLSDR_GUI.zip

Mike

SDRplay FB Group
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno194 View Post
This might help some others on here getting the RTL2832U usbsdr to talk with hdsdr.

If you allready have HDSDR install you just need to copy the two files in this zip and select the ExtIO_RTLSDR and your good to go.
Zippyshare.com - ExtIO_RTLSDR_GUI.zip
Mike - that sounds a whole lot easier than these (outdated now?) instructions:

Getting Started with a RTL based SDR Dongle RTL Software Defined Radio

I admit that I haven't played around with the RTL SDR for a few months now, but has something changed that has made the install process easier? I never did get it working correctly with HDSDR, though it works fine with SDR#. I may have to try again as I would prefer to use HDSDR.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:36 AM

The only pita part is fixing the freq offset but goto a noaa freq in hdsdr.The tuned frew will be off + or - 1mhz or less.Right click on the ext io in hdsdr and input the proper freq and click set and the offset will stick. Each program has strong and weak point but i also prefer hdsdr.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

SDRplay FB Group