SDR# - no USB only TCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

majoco

Stirrer
Hi guys,

This is probably a simple fix but I can't get my head around what the file is than controls whether I'm using TCP or USB. On the drop-down box there's only RTL-SDR/TCP - no /USB. Any help greatfully received.

Tweekerbob

Go HERE

Scroll down to the section entitled, "SDR #"

Here is an excerpt without the links:

As of development version 515 the RTLSDR libraries are no longer included because of open source license conflicts. This isn't a big issue to fuss about and it's easy to resolve. You will just have to separately download the RTLSDR plugin components and manually add them to the SDR# directory. SDR# is a general SDR program and supports hardware other than just the RTLSDR dongles.

• Download the pre-built Windows Zipfile RTLSDR binaries and libraries from Osmocom.
  • From the zipfile directory RelWithDebInfo.zip\rtl-sdr-release\x32\ copy rtlsdr.dll to the directory SDR# is unzipped to.
  • Download the SDR# RTL Plugin and copy the contents contents of the zip file to the SDR# directory.
  • From the sdr-nightly-rtlsdr.zip/config/ directory copy the file SDRSharp.exe.config file and overwrite the original one.
  • Run SDRSharp.exe and you should see the following window.

You DO NOT need to re-run Zadig every time. Either re-run the above steps or copy the following files from your old version to the new one:

rtlsdr.dll
libusb0.dll
libusb-1.0.dll

All of the above is based on the assumption you are running Windows.

majoco

Stirrer
Well, I've found something....I reran the Zadig installation and it says something about "can't load balh blah in the file mscvrt.dll'. I did a search and my laptop doesn't contain the 'mscvrt.dll' so I look for it on the MS website and it says I shouldn't just copy it over without some precautions.....so perhaps I'll wear a condom.... :) ....more later....

majoco

Stirrer
Well, obviously the search process doesn't find dll's but I found it where it's supposed to be in the System32 folder. Just in case it was corrupted I tried to replace it from my desktop machine but it won't as it says msvcrt.dll is in use. I ran Zadig again but the same result - as it's installing I get the error message "the procedure entry point-except-handler-4-common could not be located in msvcrt.dll" - if I click on "OK" when it comes up it will display again later. At the end it says "Installation complete correctly" or words that effect - but I still only get the /TCP displayed no /USB. Perhaps I'll try a different computer.

majoco

Stirrer
Thanks for that, Nick, but I don't think the problem is with SDR# but with the installation of Zadig. The release date of my "msvcrt.dll" is way back in 2008 (XP SP3) so I'm doing a Windoze Update on the laptop to see if it changes to a newer version - that may be the problem. We'll see!

majoco

Stirrer
Works perfectly on my desktop computer with no hassles. Same version of msvcrt.dll.

I seem to remember that a looong time ago I had a FM radio USB stick in the laptop - I wonder if that left some remnants when it was uninstalled that are hindering Zadig? I'll delve deeply into the registry. On the laptop the Zadig screen when it first comes up says "2 items found"...hmmm.

majoco

Stirrer
FIXED! I don't know if it was my stupidity or not! I downloaded the 'easy' method for installing SDR# and ran the "Zadig" that comes with it. That was the problem. I went back to the Zadig site and there's another version for Windoze XP! Downloaded and run and no errors. Remove SDR# and reload - now all is running good. The small antenna is hopeless but at least I get a selection of local FM stations - now I'm going to chop the antenna off and fit a BNC connector so I can run it from my discone! Thanks for all the suggestions - perseverance wins out in the end!

foxy647130

Thanks for finding that I was so in to trying to get the HackRF One to decode with DSD+ Inever noticed that the RTL/USB was not in the list so I uninstalled 1333 and went back and re downloaded the 1333 and the RTL/USB and everything showed up in the list I have no idea what happen I downloaded them from the SDR# site the first download was missing that list and second download showed up everything. Just got finished installing the plugins freq/scanner etc. all is running smooth. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.