Virtual Audio Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

I downloaded VAC409 and am trying to use it. Not exactly user friendly. Anyone else have this program? I am trying to get it to work with SDRSharp and DSD1.6 using my R820t dongle, so far no luck. Anyone else have any experience using VAC409?

harrysand

I’ve used VAC 4.10 which I assume is rather similar. In my experience I didn’t have to change any settings in VAC, or even open the program for that matter. It should create a new sound device in Windows during the install. Right click and the little speaker icon next to the clock and select recording devices. Make sure the Virtual Audio Cable Line 1 device is set as the default. And in SDRSharp you are sending the Audio Output to Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable). DSD should by default listen to the audio on Line 1 and if your default play back device is your speakers then it should playback on your speakers.

N2UJZ

Premium Subscriber
FYI the annoying voice that says "trial" every minute or so doesn't seem to interfere with most digital modes so I never registered it. I mostly use it with SDR#/RTL-820 and PDW to decode POCSAG & FLEX.
I don't have it set as default device. You can use the (included?) audio repeater program to route VAC audio to speakers but it's not needed once you have it set up unless you want to listen to the digital signal.

Like harrysand said, set SDR# audio output to Line 1 (Virtual audio Cable) & set DSD input to the same device. You probably have to fiddle with the volume on SDR# for best level for good decode.

Status
Not open for further replies.