RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Software Defined Radio

Software Defined Radio A forum for general discussion of software defined radio (SDR) receiver equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2014, 9:44 PM

Unhappy Unitrunker Trunking problems?

I wanted to try Trunking with my RTL dongles, Unitrunker, and DSD.

I setup unitrunker using 2 RTL sticks. Signal and Voice.
Signal is parked on the closest cities MARCS tower frequency and Unitrunker pulls up the window with my Site info.

Everything is setup according to: RTL-SDR Tutorial: Following Trunked Radio with Unitrunker - rtl-sdr.com

I see status text that people "Joined" and "Call" but I have never heard anything other than the trunking sound in over 6-7hours.
I don't think it's digital, but DSD is running with the Virtual Audio Cable just in case.
DSD has never picked anything up, even on the Control channel.

Should I assume that no one is using this MARCS freq?
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.
Can anyone shed some light on my situation?

Last edited by Circa; 07-17-2014 at 10:08 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 07-17-2014, 11:22 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Don't know if it matters but MARCS is not a digital system. It is a Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink which uses digital voice.

Which site are you trying to receive. (I am familiar with MARCS but I don't know squat about SDR).
Old 07-18-2014, 8:42 AM

Try using VB Cable instead from here. I had a similar problem with Virtual Cable, nothing would go to DSD but for some reason I switched to VB Audio Cable and it started working. Make sure your control channel is muted and that your voice channel is also routed to VB Cable, not muted, and from my experience, auto-gain being on, also make sure de-emphasize isn't checked. Also, when in the voice receiver window, when a call comes through, do you see it at the bottom of the receiver window?