SDR Sharp version 1326

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

Anyone finding that this version locks up a lot? Almost every time I click on the hold or release or skip button, it locks up and I have to start the Task Manager and end task to get out of SDR.

Moonbounce

rbm

The only problem I've seen is that if you try to change the Sample Rate while it's running, the spectrum analyzer part of the display hangs up.

Other than that, I haven't seen any odd behavior with version 1326.

I've had one SDR# v1326 and PDW session running all day every day for the last few days straight with no problems.

I've started second and third sessions a few times each day with no problems.

A long time ago I saw something similar to what you see but that was because I had some 'under powered' USB ports.
With them the simple act of connecting/disconnecting the antenna or plugging in another USB device would cause it to hang.

Since I went to powered USB hubs, I haven't seen that again.

Rich

On most earlier versions, I backed up my .Config file and then restored it to the folder after downloading a new version.

I think I read somewhere that there were some changes in the .Config file recently, so I currently am using the .Config file that came with the download.

moonbounce

My session will run all day also but what happens is that when scanning a band like 410 to 512 SDR will stop on " birdies " and when I try to lock them out the SDR freezes, then I have to shut it down using the Task Manger.

Every once and a while I will get a message on my computer that say something like " the program could run faster if a 2 usb port was used"? I am quite sure the all my usb ports a 2's, but the message is a little confusing, what else would they be 1.2's? My computer is not that old, I can't imagine they are 1.2"s. But I can see that the problem could be related to the usb ports. I guess I will have to look into that.

Yesterday I downloaded SDR version 1327 on to a usb stick and also added DSD plus with the VB Cable. Once I got it running, I was kind of surprised at how long it took my computer to load all of the programs on to the desktop, like I mean it took a long time. I thought usb drives were supposed to be quick.

Moonbounce

Status
Not open for further replies.