Loading gqrx and dump1090 on Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilburG

Premium Subscriber
I installed gqrx 2.5.3 on a fresh installation of Lubuntu 15.10 (Lightweight Ubuntu) on an older eeePC and it is working ok. I would like to install Dump1090, but all the instruction pages I have seen seem to start with loading other stuff before Dump1090 - I imagine to get drivers installed. Since some of these pages are older and may not be current, I kind of hate to go charging in with their instructions and hose my working gqrx installation. Does anyone have suggestions for how I should go about installing dump1090 in this case?

Thanks,
WG

WilburG

Premium Subscriber
I thought I would update my post in case anyone else is looking for the same information. After a few false starts trying to follow some blog posts, mostly problems with missing dependencies, I ran across a reference to instructions on the HF Underground wiki site at
RTL-SDR - HF Underground
The main thrust of the wiki page is about loading on Mac OS X, but at the bottom of the page he details installation on Ubuntu 12.10. I followed these instructions and it downloaded dependencies, compiled and loaded dump1090 on my Ubuntu 15.10 installation without any issues. I did substitute the MalcolmRobb version instead of the older antirez version as people seem to recommend.

It seems to be working well, and gqrx still works.

WG

Status
Not open for further replies.